Businesses understand the importance of big data so the problem doesn’t come from getting them on board, writes Rick Delgado. The difficulty lies in finding the right people for the various big data jobs. Read More
SIOS Technology Corp.
Companies have more choices than ever to save money and improve efficiency in their IT environment, writes Jerry Melnick of SIOS Technology Corp. However, additional options can present additional challenges. Read More
Micron Technology, Inc
Doug Rollins of Micron Technology discusses two enterprise SSD lifespan extension techniques that are used by top-tier SSD manufacturers. Read More
Suresh Sathyamurthy of EMC Isilon shares five ways that wearable technology could impact your storage infrastructure along with suggestions on how to prepare.
Having data in the wrong place eats into company resources, can add up to millions in unnecessary expenses and creates a considerable legal risk, writes Jim McGann of Index Engines. Now is the time to manage, tier, remediate, encrypt and archive that data. Read More
The Data Center Interconnect (DCI) market is experiencing explosive global growth, writes Eve Griliches of BTI Systems. And although often overlooked, Internet Exchanges are a major driving force. Read More
Agile Defense, Inc.
It only takes one emergency to take down a data center but a simple plan and proper preparation can prevent it, writes Brian Burns of Agile Defense, Inc. Data centers can use these five steps to ensure minimal to no disruption if disaster strikes. Read More
The data center sector is expanding at a rapid pace and demand continues to grow, writes Callum Wallace of Berwick Partners. It is more important than ever before to differentiate your product from the competitors. Read More
Maintenance Assistant Inc.
Data center maintenance needs to be planned proactively so equipment issues can be identified before they become serious, writes Jeff O’Brien of Maintenance Assistant Inc. Develop an asset management strategy for your infrastructure to stop the problems before they start. Read More
The latest technology advances and best practices are changing the cooling practices and approaches in the data center, writes Jeff Klaus of Intel Corporation. Read More
Additional Industry Perspectives Articles
- It’s Time for IT to Take Control of BYOA
- The Business of Data Centers: Efficiencies and the Role of DCIM
- Resource Sharing Unleashes Performance Storms on the Data Center
- Re-thinking Colocation in the Age of Cloud Computing
- The Five Year Plan Your Network Needs
- Evaluation Criteria for Your Cloud-based Data Protection Solutions
- What Kind of Cloud Buyer Are You?
- Water-cooled Solutions for High Density Rack Cooling
- Preparing the Workforce to Manage Today’s Data Center
- Building Blocks – Predictable and Simple Storage for Virtual Environments
- Location, Location – Why a Data Center Hub May Not Be The Best Solution
- Internet of Things: What Does it Mean for Data Centers?
- Bringing Hyper Scale-Out to the Masses: The Power of Open Optimized Storage
- Automate for Connected and Consistent Data
- How to Choose Intelligently Between Hybrid and Flash Storage Arrays