The modern data center has evolved into a distributed infrastructure utilizing new kinds of resources. The proliferation of cloud computing, IT consumerization, and an increased amount of data has resulted in new kinds of demands around the data center environment. Administrators are tasked with creating a more proactive environment capable of greater resiliency and better efficiency. These administrators must turn to intelligent monitoring and management solutions which will give them the information that they need to make decisions both now – and in the future.
This white paper from Raritan explores 10 key considerations around a very important data center topic: DCIM. The data center requires better ways to monitor and manage key resources. The paper discusses, in detail, the following concepts:
- Be clear on problems you want solved
- Understand current processes and desired outcomes
- Don’t get caught in the feature comparison trap
- Partner with peers in other functions and gain alignment
- Ensure there is a team identified to own and maintain the system
- Start small and expand over time
- Expect integration – make sure the platform is open
- Take advantage of expert services
- Ensure people are trained and regularly monitor usage
- Partner with a trusted, reliable experienced vendor
Download this white paper today to learn the key DCIM considerations which can help you create a robust and well-managed data center environment. As more users continue to utilize cloud computing and emerging technologies – the data center will always have to evolve to keep up with these demands. In line with this evolution, there will always be the requirement to properly manage distributed and complex data center environments. By having a solid management platform, your data center infrastructure will see not only functional benefits, but financial gains as well.