Here is a roundup of the latest data center infrastructure management (DCIM) news from around the web:
- iTRACS upgrades Converged Physical Infrastructure Management (CPIM). Enterprise DCIM provider iTRACS, a Commscope company, released version 3.2 of its CPIM software, which combines DCIM with Commscope's automated infrastructure management solution imVision. iTRACS says the benefit of this integration provides users real-time visibility into the physical cabling infrastructure that connects IT assets in the data center.
- Emerson business unit Therm-O-Disc and No Limits Software form strategic partnership. Emerson Network Power's Therm-O-Disc business announced strategic brand support and collaboration with data center management solution provider No Limits software. The collaboration pairs Emerson's smart wireless sensors for the data center with the No Limits RaMP DCIM solution.
- University of Cambridge selects Emerson for DCIM and data center solutions. The the University of Cambridge selected a range of Emerson Network Power solutions and its Trellis DCIM offering to help drive operational efficiencies for the university’s existing data center ecosystem. With Trellis, the university looks to gain real-time insights into power, thermal management and IT equipment to help them manage capacity and increase efficiencies.
- FNT Software discusses 10 steps to successful DCIM adoption. German software company FNT Software talks about what really matters in the quest for deriving value from DCIM implementations.
- Tier44 releases EM/8 DCIM solution on ServiceNow store. Enterprise data center management company Tier44 announced that its EM/8 data center monitoring solution has been released on the ServiceNow enterprise application marketplace. Integrated with the ServiceNow platform, the EM/8 solution offers monitoring and management capabilities for ServiceNow users.