Do you think that monitoring doesn’t help bring in value? Think again. The modern business world is becoming so depending on the data center that there must be clear visibility into all of the core underlying resources. This is where Logicalis, an international enterprise service provider of integrated IT solutions and services, came to CA with their challenges.
- Avoid power interruptions
- Provide for IT service availability
- Drive efficiency and optimize costs
- Minimize staff time spent collecting data and creating reports manually
- Collect granular energy, environmental, and service data from a complex, dynamic environment
- Deliver a more cost competitive service through energy efficiency
As this white paper outlines - Logicalis has an extensive managed service operations group, which encompasses networking, server infrastructures, storage, unified communications and business applications, including software-as-a-service (SaaS). To help provide that its managed services remain profitable yet affordable, Logicalis must be able to understand its cost base, in particular when it comes to power consumption. Remember, visibility of power consumption is also key for maintaining IT service availability —whether it involves a hosted infrastructure or a private cloud environment.
This is where the CA solution really stepped in. The CA DCIM platform plays a critical role in the daily operations of Logicalis’ data centers and cloud environments and helps staff to:
- Identify possible faults with devices
- Detect changes in power and temperature changes
- Minimize power hotspots and overheads
- Report to customers on their power consumption levels
The data is polled, calculated, gathered, and stored both live and historical. This provides a baseline by which Logicalis is able to measure the results of changes. For example, Logicalis is able to track PDU, UPS, CRAH, and generator utilization, status, and more. They are also able to monitor panel and breaker utilization to identify overused and underused circuits.
Ultimately, Logicalis was able to create a more robust monitoring platform and achieve new types of benefits as well. Download this white paper today to see how Logicalis was able to:
- Increase efficiency and availability
- Offer more compelling services to customers
- Drive down operational costs Innovate to help customers achieve goals
- Achieve 159 percent ROI and 11–month payback
- 1.43 PUE
- 93 percent savings in time to produce quarterly reports and manage PUE
- 5 percent energy savings due to visibility and ability to continuously optimize
- 5 percent revenue where energy management was key competitive differentiator
In deploying an intelligent and powerful DCIM solution, Logicalis has been able to increase efficiency, availability and overall business agility. Because of this robust platform and ROI gains, Logicalis is able to pass savings on to their customers, help differentiate themselves in the marketplace and allow them to out-innovate the competition.