Latisys has expanded its CHI-02 Oak Brook facility in Chicago by adding 10,000 square feet of high density space and 1.35 megawatts of critical power. Latisys’ Oak Brook, Illinois facility serves as the Midwest hub of Latisys’ national IT Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform, which includes Denver as an ideal Disaster Recovery site and Southern California and Northern Virginia as gateways to Asia Pacific, Europe, and South America.
“Chicago is a very important market and key component of our national IT infrastructure as a service platform,” said Pete Stevenson, CEO of Latisys. “We remain focused on providing new and existing enterprise customers with the highest quality data centers powering innovative and highly secure, hybrid IT infrastructure solutions.”
Latisys’ growth in Chicago reflects an increasing national market demand for data center, hosting and cloud services, with Gartner predicting the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) market will grow by 47.8% through 2015.
CHI-02 is a 49,000 sq. ft. purpose-built Tier III facility adjacent to CHI1, with the power and cooling capabilities to deliver 175-225 watts per sq. ft. of usable data center space. Latisys now provides some of the highest density colocation in the Chicago area.
CHI2 is tied directly to existing fiber carriers in the buildings, monitored 24x7x365 by on-site NOC personnel and systems, and operated under SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 audited controls. This replaces the SAS 70 guidebook.
Latisys delivers several key features to meet a variety of critical business drivers:
- Capacity to meet increasing demand for power and space among Chicago-based organizations whose existing capacity has been reached
- Key proximity to downtown Chicago and CME, offering organizations in the Central Business District and surrounding areas latency as low as sub 1ms
- Flexible, tailored solutions to meet the dynamic needs of today’s nimble businesses—who want a single provider that can right-size solutions both for today and for tomorrow
- End-to-end IT outsourcing platform spanning colocation, managed hosting and cloud—with the flexibility to tailor solutions to complex requirements and changing needs
- Full suite of managed services including network management, managed server hosting, server virtualization, storage, backup, replication and security services
Latisys’ national expansion has been ongoing through 2012 and into 2013. Last fall, Latisys opened DEN-02 — Latisys’ newest state-of-the-art data center in Denver—and expanded ASH1 adding 22,000 sq. ft. of secure, ultra high-density raised floor in Northern Virginia. Earlier this year, Latisys announced an additional 12,000 square feet in its Irvine, CA data center, making Latisys the largest data center operator in Orange County. Latisys’ total data center platform now exceeds 343,000 square feet across seven data centers in four major markets.