Here's our review of noteworthy links for the data center industry for October 7th:
- DuPont Fabros Launches Preferred Stock Offering - DuPont Fabros Technology, Inc. DFT has commenced an underwritten public offering of its Series A Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock. The company intends to file an application to list the Series A Preferred Stock on the New York Stock Exchange. The company intends to use all of the net proceeds from the offering, plus a portion of its available cash balances, to pay off in full its ACC4 Term Loan. DuPont Fabros intends to use its remaining cash balances together with the amounts available under its $100 million revolving credit facility (currently unused) to complete the current projects under development.
- Peak 10 Closes on $155M Credit Line - Peak 10 Inc. and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe today announced the closure of a previously announced transaction in which Welsh Carson has become the majority shareholder of Peak 10. As part of the acquisition, Peak 10 has closed a new credit facility for $155 million. Peak 10’s existing management team, led by Co-Founder, President and CEO David Jones will continue to operate the business. The $155 million credit facility will be used to accelerate Peak 10’s growth plans in managed services and high-growth markets.
- RagingWire Names Yatish Mishra As New CEO - RagingWire Enterprise Solutions, Inc. has announced the appointment of Yatish Mishra to the position of President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) effective immediately. Mishra will be replacing George Macricostas in his new role as CEO. Macricostas will be focusing on his role of Executive Vice Chairman and will continue to work closely with RagingWire’s management team on strategic direction and corporate planning.
- Interxion Extends Zurich Data Centre Upgrades Power - Interxion, a leading European provider of carrier-neutral colocation data centre services, today announced that the first phase of a major expansion and upgrade of its ZUR1 data centre in Zurich-Glattbrugg is now complete, meeting growing customer demand for high-power-density colocation infrastructure. 700 m2 of new data centre space is now ready for service in the first of three phased expansions which will increase the total equipped space in the data centre by almost 2700 m2. At the same time, an upgraded redundant grid connection of 20 MVA is being installed, which will enable the facility to support ultra-high-density power configurations.
- DocuTech Opens New Data Center in Denver - DocuTech Corp. (DocuTech), a leader in compliance services for mortgage documents, announced the opening of a new data center in Denver. The data center signifies a move from physical servers to virtual machines (VM Ware), in an effort to improve business continuity and support continued growth. The conversion was completed in September.
- NTT Com to Open Data Center in Hong Kong - NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com) will open its new premium data center, the Hong Kong Tseung Kwan O Data Center, with commercial operation scheduled to start between January and March of 2013. The new Tier III (Tier IV-ready) facility will offer multinational customers high-quality, high-reliability and environmentally friendly data center services. With 30,000 square meters of land space, the Tseung Kwan O Data Center will become NTT Com's biggest data center outside of Japan, and located in the eastern side of Kowloon.