Had a busy work week? For your weekend reading, here’s a recap some of the noteworthy stories that appeared on Data Center Knowledge this past week:
- Ten Unique Data Center Designs - These data centers have gone beyond the ordinary, incorporating innovative methods of using the layout, building or environment to create unique data center designs that work for the 21st century. These are not your run-of-the-mill server rooms, but truly one-of-a-kind facilities that have a personality all their own.
- The First Energy Star Data Center - The NetApp data center in Research Triangle Park achieved a near perfect mark by scoring a 99 on the 100-point scale used by the Energy Star program. The NetApp data center is distinctive in its focus on airflow management.
- Data Center Time-Lapse Construction Videos - Nothing accelerates the data center construction process like time-lapse video, which turns days into seconds and can visualize the transformation of a green field or empty room into a high-tech data center in a matter of moments.
- HP Unveils ‘Butterfly’ Data Center Design - HP today joined the growing crowd of companies offering modular data center systems, introducing the HP Flexible Data Center, which features factory-built modules that support quick deployment and phased growth of enterprise data center infrastructure.
- DataPod Container System Gets U.S. Partner - Australia’s Datapod will be bringing its system of containerized data center infrastructure solutions to the United States through a partnership with Universal Networking Services, the two companies announced today
- i/o Anywhere: New Modular Data Center - /o Data Centers has announced the launch of i/o Anywhere, a modular data center platform that allows customers to rapidly deploy new data center space.
- Facebook Will Double Size of Oregon Data Center - Facebook said today that it will double the size of its first company-built data center in Prineville, Oregon, which is currently under construction. The additional phase will bring the size of the facility to 307,000 square feet.