Apple is actively hiring data center professionals for its huge new data center in Maiden, North Carolina. The company has posted listings for 13 positions based in Maiden or nearby towns. The open positions include:
- Data Center Chief Operating Engineer
- Data Center Site Coordinator
- Data Center Site Services Manager
- Data Center Electrical Technician
- Data Center Maintenance Technician
- Data Center Operations Shift Supervisor
The new $1 billion data center will be about 500,000 square feet, nearly five times the size of Apple’s existing 109,000 square foot Newark, Calif. facility.
The new site is slated to be built on a 255-acre site in Maiden, bringing 50 full-time jobs and 250 temporary construction jobs to a an area that has been hard hit by the economic downturn. Catawba County has an unemployment rate of 15.5 percent.
Here’s a summary of our previous reporting on Apple’s new facility:
- First Look: Apple's Massive iDataCenter
- Is an iTunes “Reboot” Driving the iDataCenter Project?
- The iDataCenter and the Cloud
- Maiden iDataCenter Will be 500,000 Square Feet
- It’s Official: Apple Data Center to North Carolina
- The Apple-Google Data Center Corridor
- Apple iDataCenter set for Maiden
- Apple Moving Quickly on NC Project