Here's a roundup of some of this week's data center industry headlines:
- Terremark Worldwide, Inc. (TMRK) announced that VeriSign, Inc. (VRSN) has deployed additional infrastructure in Terremark's Madrid facility, the NAP de las Americas Madrid. The expansion is part of VeriSign's Project Titan initiative to strengthen and secure its global Internet infrastructure.
- Mzima has expanded its footprint with CRG West, the two companies said this week (PDF). Mzima now has a presence in CRG West data centers in five markets: Chicago, New York, Northern Virginia, the San Francisco Bay area and Los Angeles.
- Hosted Solutions will provide Comprehensive NeuroScience with a fully managed infrastructure, including managed firewall, intrusion detection, dedicated servers, storage, and backups. Comprehensive NeuroScience helps state policymakers and physicians improve the quality of care for mental illness.
- Peer 1 Network Enterprises is expanding its SAN-based backup offerings to colocation and ServerBeach dedicated hosting customers, who now have access to hosted backup offerings leveraging IBM’s Tivoli Storage Manager software.
- Electrorack this week intorduced its new CoVault line of colcoation enclosures, which are designed to securely house multiple tenants within a single rack. "In colocation environments, many tenants don’t require a full rack to house their equipment, however they expect a level of security to protect it from unauthorized access," said Todd Schneider, Electrorack’s Director of Marketing.
- Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI) recently announced the addition of the Wavestar Mission Critical 400, 625, and 750 kVA Power Distribution Units (PDU’s) to its PowerPak line.
- Comflix Studios has selected CDNetworks as the exclusive provider of content delivery technology for its comic book inspired network, SPLASTK. Comflix is the creator and producer of a new generation of comic book and graphic novel-inspired digital entertainment based on an advertiser-supported business model.