Industry Perspectives is an editorial content channel at Data Center Knowledge, highlighting thought leadership in the data center arena. It provides industry professionals with the opportunity to contribute articles sharing their insight and expertise with our audience. More than 200,000 data center professionals visit Data Center Knowledge each month to stay informed as they plan, design, build, equip and manage world-class data centers.
Our focus is education and thought leadership, rather than marketing and vendor-centric prose. This is an opportunity to share your expertise or prompt discussion on important issues facing the data center industry.
* Summary – Send us a short synopsis or outline of your proposed column. Upon approval, you can proceed to drafting the full column.
* Submissions need to be original, not published in print or online anywhere else. Industry Perspectives submissions are for the use of Data Center Knowledge and its readers. While you’re welcome to write on the same topic elsewhere, our hope is that posts that appear on Industry Perspectives don’t appear in the exact same form on other websites, blogs or publications. Once in communication with us about a publication date, please refrain from submitting the content elsewhere. In other words, we do not accept simultaneous submissions.
* Word count – Submissions can be as long as is needed to convey the core message, but 500 to 750 words is a good target length. Maximum is approximately 1,000. (Multiple part series are welcome, too.)
* Photo – Send us a separate JPEG file of the author’s photo. We need this because each Industry Perspectives article includes the author’s head shot and bio. We need a one-line bio, which can include one link to a company home page or personal blog.
* Graphics – We welcome graphics that illustrate your column. PNG format works best for charts or graphs with text in them.
* Scheduling – We publish within a few weeks of receipt of the full column. This depends on volume. We will work with you if there is a specific date you want to publish.
* Bio – Please include a one-line bio of the author, and one link to his/her website, blog or social media profile.
Submissions are welcome on any topic, but we are particularly keen on content related to these areas:
- Industry best practices
- Data center design
- Cloud computing
- Energy efficiency
- Cooling (including Liquid Cooling)
- Measurement and metrics
- Next-generation technologies
- Regulatory updates
- Modular data centers
The quality of a contributed article is the most important factor. We will not publish submissions that do not meet the guidelines and criteria outlined on this page. We also may edit submissions for length or clarity, but will consult with our contributors on any changes.
To see the columns we have published, view our Knowledge Library that links to all Industry Perspectives columns to date.
Contact us via email
If you or your company are interested in participating in Industry Perspectives, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or a description of your submission proposal. Use “Industry Perspectives” in the subject line of your email.