Ideas International (IDEAS), a leading global supplier of comparative intelligence on enterprise infrastructure presents a white paper on UNIX. This comparison features three systems HP-UX 11i v3, AIX 6.1, and Solaris 10. Read More
Data Centers are more than the critical IT equipment that are housed within its walls. They are first and foremost rooms of power and climate control. Space that needs to be architecturally planned and quality constructed. As with any construction project there is an immense amount of planning and expense. Read More
“Cloud Risky to Cloud Ready” is a new series from Emerson Network Power, examining the premise that cloud computing is a matter of understanding what you’re getting into, creating a plan and utilizing proven technology. Read More
As the Data Center evolves, forward thinking professionals have to balance the promise of emerging technology with the practical side of cost. In “Taking the Enterprise Data Center into the Cloud” the reader will find a great explanation of what is logical and what is risky. Read More
In this whitepaper industry veteran, Edward Eacueo, presents both a compelling discussion as well as practical advice on optimizing airflow through, in, and around the rack, also known as, “Rack Hygiene.” Read More
This white paper from Emerson looks at the benefits of precision cooling systems, including a discussion of total cost of ownership on data center cooling systems.
While Linux shipments may be growing faster than shipments of UNIX, there remains a substantial group of enterprises that continue to use UNIX for mission-critical workloads. This research report from Forrester Consulting highlights why enterprises continue to use UNIX in the face of increasingly robust Linux offerings.
Knowledge is Power… and money. When it comes to knowledge of data center energy efficiency, the challenge is in measurement. Proper measurement means proper usage and proper usage a better bottom line.
Here are the top 5 data center white paper for April, 2011 from the Data Center Knowledge White Paper Library:
Ongoing power and cooling costs are forcing many data center operators to look for ways to reduce costs and tackle the complexity of their legacy IT infrastructures. One way many organizations attack this problem, as highlighted in this white paper from HP is to consolidate the existing number of systems, using virtualization. Read More
Additional White Papers Articles
- Power Monitoring for Modern Data Centers
- Optimize Your Data Center Operations
- Benefits of Data Center Consolidation
- Reducing Data Center Cost with HP-UX
- Convergence of Networks in the Data Center
- 2011 US Data Center Market Drivers
- Strategies to Cut Data Center Costs
- DCIM: Data Center Infrastructure Management
- Shared Infrastructure Benefits the Data Center
- Creating the Cloud-Ready Data Center
- Guide to Risk Mitigation for Financial Services
- Protect and Grow with Converged Infrastructure
- Protecting Data on Virtual Servers
- Risk Mitigation Strategies for Mid-Size Organizations
- Is Your Data Center Ready for STUXNET?