What’s the state of the modular market? Five years after the debut of the Blackbox, we look at who is using modular data centers, the potential market, and what the analysts foresee for the future of modular design. Read More
Modular Data Centers
IO’s new factory serves as an assembly line for modular data centers, and the back-end of the company’s effort to reshape the face of the data center market. We take a look inside.
Intel ships latest Atom-based processor platform, Solugenix chooses IO Anywhere for data center services. reports cite fire in Mumbai data center as cause of Bharti Airtel outages. Read More
Iceland’s Thor Data Center has been acquired by Skyrr, one of Iceland’s largest IT service providers, he companies said today. Thor provides modular data center services to customers including Opera Software. Read More
A new “Micro Modular Data Center” from Elliptical Mobile Systems has shown the ability to cool IT equipment using warm water – a capability that offers major energy efficiency gains. Read More
Enterprises are getting comfortable with containers and modular data centers, which is boosting demand for HP’s Portable Optimized Datacenter (POD) offerings, the company said today. HP is also investing to expand its production capacity for its modular capacity.
Australian data center service provider Red Cloud has signed a multi-module contract with IO, and will deploy 4.5 megawatts of IT capacity in new modular facilities in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. Read More
Verne Global’s new data center in Iceland will deploy customer servers in a factory-built modular server hall designed and built by Colt in its UK factory and shipped to Verne’s site in a former NATO command center. In this video, executives from Verne discuss their location and why they chose Colt’s modules for the project.
Next Generation Data (NGD) has prepared the top floor of its massive facility in Newport, Wales to house containerized data centers. The 140,000 square foot space includes just four pillars, which NGD executives say has made it ideal for a major modular deployment. Read More
In the last part of the Data Center Knowledge Guide on Modular Data Centers we look at the due diligence steps to take when selecting a modular product or modular provider Read More
Additional Modular Data Centers Articles
- Allianz Deploys Modules at IO New Jersey
- DCK Guide To Modular Data Centers: The Modular Market
- DCK Guide To Modular Data Centers: Why Modular?
- Microsoft Data Center Design Evolves In Iowa
- DCK Guide To Modular Data Centers
- SmartCube Targets Modular Market in Brazil
- Video Overview: AST’s Free Cooling Module
- Roundup: FalconStor, Cisco, World Wide Tech
- James Bond Meets the Modular Data Center
- HP, Active Power Team on Modular Deployment
- Logicalis Deploys Modular Cloud in One Month
- Dell Modular Data Center Powering Bing Maps
- HP Unveils Updated EcoPOD Modular Design
- Colt Sells Modular Data Center To Phoenix IT
- Will the Banking Industry Go Modular?