Fortune has a substantial article on data center development, noting that “The Great Planting of these server farms has only begun.” Read More
Supply and Demand
The growth in Internet gambling is contributing to a surge in data center construction on the Isle of Man.
Business Week features the data center boom and the associated “gold rush” for companies positioned for growth in the sector.
Home broadband adoption in the U.S. grew to 42 percent, according to a stury from Pew Internet, which also found that awareness of VoIP is growingr apidly.
Users of Microsoft’s Xbox Live downloaded seven million demos, trailers and videos during E3, amounting to 600 terabytes of data.
AT&T announced today at E3 that its Enterprise Hosting Services has launched a practice focused specifically on online gaming. Read More
AT&T announced today at E3 that its Enterprise Hosting Services has launched a practice focused specifically on online gaming.
Citing growing demand for video, Level 3 continues to grow by purchasing TelCove (Adelphia Business).
Citing customer demand for Internet video, SAVVIS Communications is expanding its content delivery network (CDN).
Mortgage insurance provider United Guaranty is planning to build a new 25,000 square foot data center in Forsyth County, North Carolina.
Additional Supply and Demand Articles
- Study: Half of Data Centers May Relocate
- Amazon S3: Disruptive Force or Non-Event?
- U.S. VoIP Market Grew 248 Percent in 2005
- ‘Data Center Park’ Planned in Austin
- 'Data Center Park' Planned in Austin
- Study: More IT Dollars to Target Data Centers
- Apple Deal Highights Industry's Recovery
- Apple Deal Highights Industry’s Recovery
- The Journal Story and Data Center Demand
- Feds Eye Charlotte for Backup Data Center
- TeleGeography: NYC Has Most Colo Space
- Michigan to Invest $15 Million in New Data Center
- Steadfast Plans Data Center at Lakeside Tech
- Data Center Boom 2.0 and the Railroad Analogy
- Feds To Consolidate 22 Medicare Data Centers