Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) made most of the headlines at this week’s Storage Networking World. Here’s a roundup of the headlines from SNW. Read More
Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) is now storing more than 29 billion, an increase of 7 billion from the previous quarter. Amazon says it will cut prices for S3 on Nov. 1. Read More
Voltaire (VOLT), which makes grid solutions for the data center, said it would report a loss because several Wall Street firms have postponed multi-million dollar purchases. Read More
Cloud storage startup Zetta has closed a $10.68 million Series A financing round led by venture capital firms Sigma Partners and Foundation Capital. Read More
Cloud storage service FlexiScale has lost a large amount of customer data and is having difficulty fully restoring it. Read More
Cloud storage service The Linkup shut down Aug. 8 after losing as much as 45 percent of all data the service stored.
Iron Mountain, which has been a market leader in storage of documents and backup tapes, is beginning to lease data center space in its huge underground facility near Pittsburgh.
Iron Mountain, which has been a market leader in storage of documents and backup tapes, is beginning to lease data center space in its huge underground facility near Pittsburgh. Read More
EMC said its cloud storage service Mozy Inc. has doubled the size of its enterprise and small to medium-size business customer base during the first half of 2008.
HP is working to restore its new online storage service, HP Upline, which was suspended just 10 days after its launch.
Additional Storage Articles
- Savvis Expands Utility Storage Offerings
- Mountains West Buys Bunker Storage Firm
- SoftLayer Expands Storage Offerings
- WordPress.com Shifts Storage to Amazon S3
- All The Wood Behind A Single Blog Post
- Report: EMC Acquires Mozy for $76M
- Data Domain Shares Jump After IPO
- Performance Issues for Amazon S3
- EMC Launches Power Consulting Service
- AmeriVault Expands Online Backup Network
- Foremski: Storage Issues to Drive Outsourcing