Seaport Capital, which has invested in several Internet infrastructure companies, has acquired American Internet Services (AIS), a San Diego colocation provider. Read More
Canadian hosting provider iWeb Group Inc. has received $22 million (about $20.9 million USD) in financing from Goldman Sachs Credit Partners L.P., the company said today. iWeb (IWB) will use the funding to support the long-term growth of its data center operations and to lease dedicated servers. The company has three data… Read More
Private equity firm ABRY Partners has agreed to buy Canadian data center specialist Q9 Networks (TSX:Q) for $361 million. Read More
Where are the top 100 blogs hosted. Thirteen are at Media Temple, according to a new survey.
Q9 Networks Inc. (TSX:Q) will invest $50 million to build its third data center in Calgary, Alberta.
A roundup of data center news from Geico, Fidelity Investments, Colo5 and Liberty Center One.
Managed hosting provider INetU has expanded its facilities, adding a fifth data center on its campus in Allentown, Pa.
HostingCon 2008 has wrapped up after a three-day run in Chicago. Here’s a roundup of some of the news and reviews from the event.
The Planet reported record growth and said it expects “little customer loss” related to the lengthy service outages last month at its Houston data center.
A new trade group for the web hosting industry will be announced next week at HostingCon 2008 in Chicago.
Additional Hosting Articles
- Engine Yard Raises $15M for Rails Hosting
- Microsoft’s Online Push Tests Hosting Partners
- Microsoft's Online Push Tests Hosting Partners
- Carpathia Hosting Acquired by Spire Partners
- The Planet’s New Focus: Managed Hosting
- The Planet's New Focus: Managed Hosting
- 30 Million Domains for Go Daddy
- Declining Mindshare for Web Hosting
- LiquidWeb Plans 90,000 SF Data Center
- The Planet Expands Dallas Data Center
- Layered Tech Launches Managed Services
- Wachovia Capital Buys HostMySite.com
- Big Web Host: Please Use Gmail for Email
- Denver’s Fortrust Adds Managed Services
- Denver's Fortrust Adds Managed Services