VMware (VMW) to acquire Shavlik Technologies, Iron Mountain (IRM)sells online backup and archiving business to UK’s Autonomy, Juniper Networks (JNPR) offers online training through Junosphere classrom. Read More
Data center software specialist Nimsoft has introduced Unified Manager, a multi-tenant solution that combines infrastructure monitoring and ready- to-use ITIL-based service management capabilities in a single solution. Read More
Salesforce.com to acquire social media monitoring firm Radian6, Ctrix advances NetScaler with DataStream technology, Platform Computing supports big data on Hadoop. Read More
APC expands in-row cooling offerings, Emerson intorduces new power supply, Cyberlink offers fully managed virtual desktops powered by SoftLayer, RightScale announces Windows support. Read More
Savvis, Inc. (SVVS) is launching a new solution to help independent software vendors (ISVs) offer their products as hosted applications Read More
There’s been more discussion in recent days about “private” clouds in enterprise data centers, as opposed to “public” clouds running on infrastructure from third-party service providers. Some relevant links: Build Your own Cloud With Cisco VFrame: Greg Ferro looks at how early components of Cisco’s Data Center 3.0 initiative can help… Read More
It’s been a busy day at the Structure 08 conference. Here are some links to coverage.
A roundup of new cloud computing services from Intuit (INTU), 10Gen, Sun Microsystems (JAVA), Coghead, Syncplicity and AllMyData.
In demonstrating portability between Google and Amazon’s utility platforms, AppDrop introduces apps that can jump from cloud to cloud.
For consumer web site, a mention on Oprah Winfrey’s show – being Ophrah’d – is the equivalent of the Slashdot Effect.
Additional SaaS Articles
- Is Google Prepping A Cloud Computing Platform?
- Elastra Cloud Server Extends SaaS
- What’s In A Name? Utility vs. Cloud vs Grid
- What's In A Name? Utility vs. Cloud vs Grid
- Computing At Scale: Parallel Programming
- HP Launches Cloud Platform, Data Center Tools
- Big Spike for The Big Switch
- EMC’s Cloud Offering Taking Shape
- EMC's Cloud Offering Taking Shape
- Sun Preps Cloud Platform to Vie With Amazon
- Joyent Backup Services Down for Three Days
- Reliability in the Cloud: SLAs Will Matter
- The Big Switch: The Future of Utility Computing
- SaaS Primed for Breakout in 2008?
- Weave Means More Infrastructure for Mozilla