A major power outage that disrupted data centers at Seattle’s Fisher Plaza in July was probably caused by an insulation failure in an electrical bus duct that connected the building to the power grid, according to a forensic report. Read More
TechFlash has photos of the fire damage inside an electrical room at Seattle’s Fisher Plaza. The fire Thursday night left data centers in the building without power for more than a day. Read More
Colocation and interconnection specialist Switch and Data (SDXC) has expanded its data center space at the Westin Building, the largest carrier hotel in Seattle. Read More
Fisher Plaza, a major data center and communciations hub in Seattle, is for sale.
King County, Washington has proposed spending $21 million to lease data center space in Tukwila.
Ask.com plans a data center in Moses Lake, Wash., not far from facilities being built by Microsoft, Yahoo and Sabey.
Internap (INAP) plans to add approximately 20,000 square feet to its Seattle data center real estate, marking its second expansion in six months in the Seattle market.
Qwest has opened a new “CyberCenter” in the Seattle area to provide hosting services, and now has 14 data centers.
Microsoft has dropped a lawsuit seeking to block access to public records about a data center project the company submitted to officials in Quincy, Wash.
Financial software giant Intuit is planning to build a data center in Quincy, Wash., which would become the fourth major data center project in the central Washington town.
Additional Seattle Articles
- Digital Realty's Westin Stake: 49 Percent
- Digital Realty’s Westin Stake: 49 Percent
- Digital Realty Takes Stake in Westin Building
- Data Center Outages Bring Headaches, Headlines
- Quincy: New 'Power Center' for Tech Giants
- Quincy: New ‘Power Center’ for Tech Giants
- Yahoo Picks Wenatchee for Wash. State Site
- Microsoft Buys Land for Data Center
- SuperbServers Opens Seattle Data Center