Colocation provider CoreLink Data Centers has added a second data center facility in the Seattle market, leasing a 39,000 square foot facility adjacent to its existing site in the Intergate.West campus in Tukwila. Read More
Internap Network Services (INAP) said Thursday that it will expand its data center in Seattle as part of a broader effort to shift more of its colocation business from partner data centers into facilities owned by Internap. Read More
A power outage yesterday in a FiberCloud data center knocked out phone and Internet services for the city of Bellingham, Washington. Read More
Sabey Corp. says its Intergate.East data center campus is outside of areas of Tukwila, Wash. facing potential flooding due to a weakened dam upstream. The campus hosts data centers for Microsoft (MSFT) and Internap (INAP). Read More
A major power outage that disrupted data centers at Seattle’s Fisher Plaza in July was probably caused by an insulation failure in an electrical bus duct that connected the building to the power grid, according to a forensic report. Read More
TechFlash has photos of the fire damage inside an electrical room at Seattle’s Fisher Plaza. The fire Thursday night left data centers in the building without power for more than a day. Read More
Colocation and interconnection specialist Switch and Data (SDXC) has expanded its data center space at the Westin Building, the largest carrier hotel in Seattle. Read More
Fisher Plaza, a major data center and communciations hub in Seattle, is for sale.
King County, Washington has proposed spending $21 million to lease data center space in Tukwila.
Ask.com plans a data center in Moses Lake, Wash., not far from facilities being built by Microsoft, Yahoo and Sabey.
Additional Seattle Articles
- Internap Expands Again in Seattle
- Qwest Opens Seattle Data Center
- Microsoft Drops Suit Over Records Request
- Intuit Planning Data Center in Quincy, Wash.
- Digital Realty's Westin Stake: 49 Percent
- Digital Realty’s Westin Stake: 49 Percent
- Digital Realty Takes Stake in Westin Building
- Data Center Outages Bring Headaches, Headlines
- Quincy: New 'Power Center' for Tech Giants
- Quincy: New ‘Power Center’ for Tech Giants
- Yahoo Picks Wenatchee for Wash. State Site
- Microsoft Buys Land for Data Center
- SuperbServers Opens Seattle Data Center