Quincy, Washington has experienced enormous benefits from the influx of data centers, even as state officials have moved to crack down on sales tax breaks for data center development. Read More
Last month Intuit celebrated the opening of its new 240,000 square foot data center in Quincy, Wash. This video from the event provides interesting insight into how Quincy has been impacted byt he new data centers. Read More
The city of Quincy, Washington is spending $9 million to build a system to supply recycled water for huge data centers operated by Microsoft Corp. (MSFT), Yahoo (YHOO), Intuit and Sabey Corp. Read More
Sabey Corporation will build a 525,000-square-foot data center in Quincy, Wash., which will provide a sister campus to the company’s data center campus in nearby East Wenatchee. Read More
T-Mobile officially opened its new $250 million data center in East Wenatchee, Washington last week, as local officials touted the impact of local data centers on the township’s tax base. The facility is the first of two major data centers being built at Sabey Corp.’s Intergate.Columbia development, where VMware has also leased more than 100,000… Read More
Yahoo (YHOO) has scouted land in Wenatchee, Wash. for another major data center project, but only if the state restores a sales tax incentive.
New data centers from Microsoft, Yahoo and several other high-tech firms are providing a significant tax boost to the economy of Quincy, Washington.
The LA Times provides an update on life in Quincy, Washington, which has become a case study for the economic development potential of data center projects.
Legislation in Washington state that would have restored a tax break for data centers won’t be passed in 2008. Read More
Legislation in Washington state that would have restored a tax break for data centers won’t be passed in 2008.
Additional Quincy, Wash. Articles
- Ask.com and the Quincy Power Advantage
- Microsoft, Yahoo Halt Quincy Projects
- T-Mobile to Consolidate at Wenatchee Site
- Huge T-Mobile Lease at New Sabey Project
- Yahoo Rethinking Expansion in Quincy
- Still More Companies Eyeing Quincy
- More Data Centers Coming to Quincy
- Ask.com Confirms Moses Lake Facility
- Sabey Eyes Expansion in Quincy, Wash.
- Data Centers Create Boom in Quincy
- The Economic Impact of A Data Center
- Microsoft Readies Quincy Data Center
- Ask.com Plans Washington St. Data Center
- Huge Power Draws for Google, Yahoo, Sabey
- Sabey Plans $100M Facility in Wenatchee, Wa.