Oracle Corp. has resumed construction on a nearly $300 million data center in West Jordan, state officials said. The company had halted work on the project in the spring of 2009. Read More
This white paper from Aperture explores how real-time access to key data center metrics can help effectively plan and manage capacity, right-size the data center to meet business demands, improve operational efficiency and prevent outages. Read More
CA today continued its cloud computing buying spree, announcing that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire monitoring provider Nimsoft, Inc. for $350 million in cash. The deal follows CA’s recent acquisitions of Cassatt, NetQoS and Oblicore and the planned acquisition of 3Tera. Read More
The news announcements at Data Center World continue, including new product announcements from Rackwise and Sentilla. Read More
This white paper from IDC focuses on helping companies understand how to get the most out of existing data center assets, including insights on strategies and networking technologies that will can make your data centers more dynamic. Read More
Emerson Network Power is introducing Aperture Integrated Resource Manager, a new tool to help data center managers improve efficiency and better manage capacity to extend the lifespan of existing infrastructure resources. Read More
RF Code and Modius will integrate their products, with Modius’ flagship OpenData software now accepting environmental data directly from RF Code’s radio frequency ID (RFID) sensors.
VISI’s ReliaCloud partners with enStratus on cloud management, HP outlines new SMB services and opens Singapore research lab focused on data center architecture and cloud computing. Read More
This case study shows how leading Fortune 1000 companies including Elsevier, Fujitsu, JPMorgan Chase and the National Institutes of Health rely on Aperture VISTA solutions to help them optimize data center operations, deliver better services at lower cost and reduce risk. Read More
As data center projects emerge as important economic development opportunities, they are increasingly seen as a potential source of jobs. as local governments use tax incentives to lure major data centers, residents are watching to see whether these projects create jobs for local residents. Read More
Additional Management Articles
- Data Center Haiku Contest
- Opscode Equips DevOps to Automate the Cloud
- DC People: Rittal, Fortrust, Wright Line, PDI
- Geist Acquires EnviroNet Monitoring Tools
- Nimsoft Tool Offers ‘Unified Monitoring’
- Nimsoft Tool Offers 'Unified Monitoring'
- Roundup: BMC, Nirvanix, United Layer
- Credit Thaw Boosts Data Center Construction
- Data Centers, Carrier Hotels and Security
- When Incentives Don't Work Out
- When Incentives Don’t Work Out
- Raritan Partners With Capgemini
- Emerson Acquires Avocent in $1.2B Deal
- Data Center and C-Suite: Lost in Translation?
- Is Internet Routing Too Vulnerable?