Worldwide server unit shipments in the fourth quarter of 2008 declined 12 percent from a year earlier, while revenue was down 14 percent to $13.5 billion, according to new data from IDC. Read More
3Tera Inc. has released a beta version of its “grid operating system” software that supports Microsoft Windows Server. Read More
3Leaf Systems has received $35 million in Series C funding to accelerate development of its technology for input/output virtualization. Read More
The buzz ahead of VMworld focuses on a rumored virtual switch from Cisco (CSCO), data center initiatives from VMware (VMW) and a blog feud between EMC (EMC) and NetApp (NTAP). Read More
“The technology that delivers the most benefits for business but causes the most headaches for operation is virtual machine live migration,” writes Andreas Antonopoulos of Nemertes in a post titled “Dude, where’s my server?” An excerpt: Live migration, also known as VMotion or XenMotion in the VMWare and Xen products… Read More
The growing importance of virtualization in data center consolidation is boosting demand and salaries for IT workers with relevant experience, stafing experts say. Read More
Is there such a thing as “Virtualization “2.0″? Advanced virtualization was a hot topic at the Next Generation Data Center conference.
3Leaf Systems, which specializes in next-generation virtualization solutions for data centers, outlines its product roadmap.
Parallels said this week that it has acquired ModernGigabyte, LLC, maker of ModernBill automated billing system.
Egenera and Dell said the two companies intend to combine Dell’s PowerEdge servers and Egenera’s data center virtualization software.
Additional Virtualization Articles
- BMC Buys BladeLogic for $800 Million
- Rackspace and Virtualization
- $12M for Data Center Virtualization Firm CiRBA
- Microsoft Moves on Virtualization
- SWsoft Rebrands as Parallels
- Virtualization’s Impact on Software Licensing
- Virtualization's Impact on Software Licensing
- Egenera Enters Virtualization Software Market
- Egenera to Deploy Blades in Military Hospitals
- VMWorld Day 3 Wrap
- VMWorld Day 2 News Roundup
- VMWorld Day 1 Highlights
- 3Tera CEO Miloushev Passes Away
- More Virtualization Deals in the Works?
- 3Tera Powering Virtual Private Datacenters