Morgan Stanley plans to spend more $400 million to build a huge data center in Scotland that will be powered by tidal energy, and may seek to lease the huge facility to Google. Read More
Flywheel UPS manufacturer Pentadyne Power Corporation announced this week that has closed $22 million in financing from its existing investors. Read More
In the latest sign of growing interest in flywheels, Active Power, Inc. (ACPW) this week reported its largest single order to date. Read More
High-density blade server installations sometimes create as many problems as they solve, according to Microsoft’s James Hamilton. Read More
Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI) has acquired Onyx Power, Inc. a leading maker of custom power magnetics and power distribution equipment for the data center. Read More
Is “green” gaining traction? Data center power news from APC Schneider, Active Power (ACPW), Caterpillar (CAT) and Capstone Turbine (CPST). Read More
Uptime’s Ken Brill warns that some data center operators are manipulating or manufacturing Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) numbers.
Ken Brill: Spending $2,500 on a server really means spending between $8,300 and $15,400 in facility capital to house the power the server.
With enterprise customers seeking granular management of their energy usage, detailed data on power is emerging as a selling point for Sacramento’s RagingWire.
Russia has lots of hydro power. But can that make it the next big data center destination.
Additional Power Articles
- Need Hydro Power? Russia's Got It
- 215 Data Centers to Participate in EPA Study
- New Supercomputer Top 500 List Tracks Power
- UPS Service Market Grew 8 percent in 2007
- Emerson Withdraws Bid for UK Power Firm
- Uptime’s Ken Brill on Data Center Power Costs
- Uptime's Ken Brill on Data Center Power Costs
- Few Data Centers Sharing Info With EPA
- A Look at Modular Power Expansion
- Active Power Sells ‘Power in a Box’ Containers
- Active Power Sells 'Power in a Box' Containers
- Study: Data Center Energy Woes Will Intensify
- Caterpillar, Active Power Renew Flywheel Deal
- Utility Coalition Targets Data Center Power Use
- Manitoba: New Frontier for Huge Data Centers?