Is the data center power drain an urban myth? One analyst says the productivity gains easily justify the power load. Read More
Is the data center power drain an urban myth? One analyst says the productivity gains easily justify the power load.
A 10-day power outage in Queens last year has raised questions about the stability and durability of the power grid in New York City.
A data center controlling California’s power grid was knocked offline when a disgruntled tech hit the facility’s ‘emergency power off’ button.
Oklahoma’s governor has signed a law exempting disclosure of power usage by large data center customers.
Google Distinguished Engineer Luiz Barroso’s talk on data center power efficiency is being discussed in many places.
Developing practical approaches to data center efficiency was a major theme at last week’s Uptime Institue conference.
The Internet Storm Center is reporting possible Daylight Savings Time issues with some APC power management software.
Can solar power play a meaningful role in addressing the power challenges facing the data center industry?
The power distribution unit (PDU) market generated $209.2 million in revenues in 2005.
Additional Power Articles
- ColdWatt Targets Power Inefficiencies
- Green Grid Officially Launches
- Intel 80-core Chip Uses Just 62 Watts
- Iceland: Cheap Power, But Some Risk
- Green Data Centers: A Corporate Responsibility?
- Utilities Unite to Address Data Center Power
- APC, IBM Team on Modular Data Center
- RagingWire Builds Own Power Substation
- Intel Unveils Advance in Low-Power Chips
- Infocrossing Expands Tempe Data Center
- JT Packard Acquired, Settles UPS Suits
- Wall Street Journal Covers Power Crisis
- Power: Key Selling point for VMware
- Data Center Energy Summit in Silicon Valley
- Processor Power Specs: Intel vs. AMD