SearchDataCenter has a case study of the UPS data center in Alpharetta, Georgia, a Tier 4 data center with excellent energy efficiency. Read More
SearchDataCenter has a case study of the UPS data center in Alpharetta, Georgia, a Tier 4 data center with excellent energy efficiency.
The global market for uninterrupted power supply (UPS) equipment will reach $7 billion for 2007, according to IMS.
The Green Grid has announced the speaker lineup for its Technical Forum scheduled for Feb. 5-6 in San Francisco.
In a display of alternative energy, a team of ten MIT students powered a supercomputer for 20 minutes by pedaling bicycles.
Validus DC Systems, which makes DC power distribution products, has received $10 million in venture funding led by Oak Hill Venture Partners.
A disgruntled sysadmin has plead guilty to pushing the Emergency Power Off button in a data center controlling the California power grid.
Power usage by data centers will continue to increase through 2010, with particularly strong growth in the Asia-Pacific region, according to a study from AMD.
Data center operators are reluctant to take sides in a controversy about a proposed high-voltage line to boost power availability in northern Virginia.
APC and Emerson Network Power have each rolled out tools to evaluate the energy efficiency of customer data centers.
Additional Power Articles
- Power Surpasses Cooling as Top Concern
- New CEO for Power Distribution Inc.
- Utility Incentive Programs for Data Centers
- Large Flywheel Deal for Active Power
- Newsletter: Supersized Data Center Power
- NY Times on Data Center Energy Usage
- Green Grid Enters AC vs. DC Power Debate
- Historic Increase in Electricity Prices
- ColdWatt Expands Line of Power Supplies
- Data Center Power ‘Meltdown’
- Data Center Power 'Meltdown'
- Bob Metcalfe on the Internet and Energy
- Can Your Generator Be Hacked?
- Power Saving Strategies for Linux
- Power Dispute May Impact Terremark Project