Is “green” gaining traction? Data center power news from APC Schneider, Active Power (ACPW), Caterpillar (CAT) and Capstone Turbine (CPST). Read More
Uptime’s Ken Brill warns that some data center operators are manipulating or manufacturing Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) numbers.
Ken Brill: Spending $2,500 on a server really means spending between $8,300 and $15,400 in facility capital to house the power the server.
With enterprise customers seeking granular management of their energy usage, detailed data on power is emerging as a selling point for Sacramento’s RagingWire.
Russia has lots of hydro power. But can that make it the next big data center destination. Read More
Russia has lots of hydro power. But can that make it the next big data center destination.
At least 215 data centers have volunteered to provide data on their energy usage to the EPA to help develop an Energy Star standard for data center facilities.
The new ranking of the top 500 supercomputers is out, and includes energy efficiency data about these powerful systems.
The North American UPS service market generated $876.3 million in revenues in 2007, growing at a rate of 8.1 percent over 2006.
Emerson Electric Co (EMR) has halted its efforts to acquire Britain’s Chloride Group (CHLD) after an improved takeover offer of $1.37 billion was rejected.
Additional Power Articles
- Uptime’s Ken Brill on Data Center Power Costs
- Uptime's Ken Brill on Data Center Power Costs
- Few Data Centers Sharing Info With EPA
- A Look at Modular Power Expansion
- Active Power Sells 'Power in a Box' Containers
- Active Power Sells ‘Power in a Box’ Containers
- Study: Data Center Energy Woes Will Intensify
- Caterpillar, Active Power Renew Flywheel Deal
- Utility Coalition Targets Data Center Power Use
- Manitoba: New Frontier for Huge Data Centers?
- Uptime: Energy Use Soars at Top Data Centers
- Validus Sees Gains for DC Hybrid Systems
- $300 Million Data Center for Iceland
- Emerson Network Power Acquires Aperture
- Emerson Analysis IDs Cascading Energy Gains