Active Power, Inc. (ACPW) has a new customer for PowerHouse, its containerized power systems. Read More
If current trends continue unchecked, data center greenhouse gas emissions will quadruple by 2020, according to a joint study by the Uptime Institute and McKinsey & Company.
Active Power, Inc. (ACPW) has renewed its global distribution agreement with its largest partner and customer, Caterpillar (CAT).
Nineteen utilities will gather today in San Francisco to discuss collective approaches to “dramatically reduce” data center power usage.
A number of large data center operators are evaluating Manitoba, Canada as a possible location for major projects.
Energy use among the top tier of data centers soared in 2006-2007, rising at a 24 percent annual growth, according to the Uptime Institute.
Validus DC Systems says is starting to see traction for its DC power infrastructure products for data centers.
Iceland’s efforts to establish itself as a hub for green data centers has led to plans fo a $306 million data center by Verne Holdings.
Emerson Network Power (EMR) announced today that it will acquire Aperture, a leading provider of data center management software.
Emerson Network Power’s Energy Logic process outlines a prioritized approach to reducing energy use in the data center.
Additional Power Articles
- Google Files Patent on UPS Architecture
- The Planet: $1M in Energy Savings for 2008
- Microsoft Research Highlights Power Savings
- Isilon Adopts ColdWatt Power Supplies
- Case Study: UPS’ Green Data Center
- Case Study: UPS' Green Data Center
- UPS Market Hits $7 Billion in 2007
- Green Grid Announces Forum Speakers
- Ride A Bike, Power A Data Center?
- Validus Raises $10M for DC Power Play
- Guilty Plea in EPO Incident at Power Facility
- AMD: Data Center Power Usage Soaring
- Data Centers Low-Key on Va. Power Line Plan
- Cooling Vendors Offer Energy Tools
- Power Surpasses Cooling as Top Concern