Active Power (ACPW) has received an $8 million order for its PowerHouse container solution, which the company says its the largest single order in its history. Read More
This white paper from Eaton discusses criteria to help data center managers choose the right power distribution units for today and prepare for the future demand of high density computing. Read More
Emerson Electric (EMR) is making another run at acquiring UK company Chloride Power (CHLD), making a $1.1 billion offer to combine two leading makers of uninterruptible power supply (UPS) equipment. The deal was promptly rejected by Chloride, which said Emerson’s offer undervalued the company. Read More
Power now represents the single largest component of operating cost. Yet, rarely is energy as closely managed as it should be. This white paper from Eaton looks at power monitoring options that are available for organizations of any size. Read More
Active Power (ACPW) reports $6 million in orders, Interxion expands Amsterdam data center, Equinix (EQIX) and Switch & Data (SDXC) disclose another extension for closing their merger. Read More
What happens when the power goes out at a Google data center? We found out on Feb. 24, when a power outage at a Google facility caused more than two hours of downtime for Google App Engine, the company’s cloud computing platform for developers. Read More
In attacking Facebook, Greenpeace asserts that “the only truly green data centers are the ones running on renewable energy.” Given this stance, one might expect Greenpeace’s hosting operations to be housed in facilities powered entirely by 100 percent renewable energy. You’d be wrong. Read More
Is the Bloom Energy Server the future of data center power? Or the latest promising energy technology to fall short of the economics and scale required to support major data centers? Read More
Google (GOOG) was the first customer for Bloom Energy, and is using the startup’s gas-powered fuel cells in its operations. But contrary to early media reports, it is not using any of the “Bloom Boxes” in its data centers at present. Read More
Harmonic currents can cause distortion in your electrical system. This white paper examines common causes of problematic harmonics, along with implications and resolutions for data center operators. Read More
Additional Power Articles
- Facebook’s Green Data Center, Powered by Coal?
- Will Utilities Help Fund Thermal Storage?
- Flywheel Maker Gets $13M Investment
- Are MicroTurbines Gaining Traction?
- Emerging UPS Standby Power Sources
- Seven Ways to Extend Power and Cooling in the Data Center
- Mark Bramfitt on Data Centers and Utilities
- Is Your Data Center Draining Your Bottom Line?
- Should Servers Come With Batteries?
- Facebook Follows Google to Data Center Savings
- Power Densities Likely to Drive Expansions
- Data Center Leasing: It’s All About the Megawatts
- Data Center Leasing: It's All About the Megawatts
- Power Grid Hacking Back in the News
- Right-Sizing Your Power Infrastructure