eBay introduced its Digital Service Efficiency (DSE) dashboard last quarter, a “miles-per-gallon” type look into data center infrastructure efficiency. Now that a quarter has passed, how did the company do in terms of its goals? Read More
Fortress International Group has acquired the data center integration service business of arvato digital services for $1.5 million. Thye deal will boost Fortress’ capabilities in the desighn and integration of modular data center offerings. Read More
Ready or not, virtual reality is coming to the data center. IO this week demonstrated a new application that provides a 3D visual representation of a customer’s data center environment, allowing them to “walk through” their data center.
Two players in the data center management space just got closer. Eaton’s power management technologies, which help increase power reliability and control cost by reducing energy consumption, have been integrated into CA’s DCIM software, in a turnkey solution. Read More
Digital Realty Trust (DLR), the world’s largest data center developer, has entered into the DCIM market with the launch of its EnVision software tool to provide data on IT operations and capacity for its wholesale data center customers. Read More
BMC will be acquired for $46.25 per share in cash, or approximately $6.9 billion. Data center management is hot, and investors are picking up on the trend. Read More
The Bring Your Own Device movement of adopting consumer technology can be of great benefit for an IT organization, according to health care provider UPMC, which outlined its efforts at Data Center World. Read More
Opscode’s open source automation platform Chef is now supported by IBM and Microsoft, the company said, making it easier for enterprise IT users to use Chef to help them manage and scale their server environments. Read More
TSO Logic officially launched its energy efficiency software for data centers. The software helps cut server power costs by more than 50 percent, and gives visibility into how data center power dollars are spent, while being non-invasive and lightweight. Read More
Please join Rich Miller and Intel’s Jeff Klaus for a webinar on April 25 where they will explain Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) and its contributions to managing power and cooling usage in the data center. The event will focus on the servers and explain how managers can introduce a holistic energy optimization solution.
Additional Management Articles
- Managing the Data Center – One Rack at a Time
- How Can You Save Up to 30% in Data Center Operation Costs?
- Business Value of Blade Infrastructures
- Nlyte 7 Extends Further Into the Data Center
- Siemens Brings Clarity to Crowded DCIM Market
- CommScope Acquires iTRACS in DCIM Deal
- Guide to Optimizing Your Data Center’s Efficiency
- eBay’s DSE: One Dashboard to Rule Them All?
- Fighting Back: Big Data Center States Push for More Tax Incentives
- ScaleBase SQL Software Gets a Sequel
- Financial Benefits of Using Power System Analytics for Mission-Critical Applications
- Emerson’s Trellis Integrates With IBM on DCIM
- Cormant Rebrands its DCIM suite; Solves More than Cables
- Equinix Monitors Global Infrastructure with ScienceLogic
- Facebook Scales Servers with Retooled Chef