Digital Realty Trust (DLR) said A data center it is building near London for HSBC (HBC) has earned the first BREEAM “Excellent” rating for energy efficient design. Read More
Green Data Centers
Honda’s new North American Data Center in Longmont, Colorado has been awarded a Silver LEED certification. Read More
We’ve updated our list of data centers with LEED certifications to reflect the Platinum certification for Advanced Data Centers.
A look at the Data Center Energy Summit organized by the Silicon Valley Leadership Group, and what it may mean to industry efforts on energy efficiency.
Microsoft has shared insights on how it uses Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) to track the energy efficiency of its data centers.
Are businesses less willing to pay more for “green” solutions than they were a year ago? Or are managed hosting customers less motivated to save energy than colocation customers?
Turning off unused servers is an easy way to save on data center energy costs, according to Bill Coleman of Cassatt.
IBM today confirmed that it will work with Rackforce Corp. to develop a large new high-density data center in British Columbia.
The EPA has extended its deadline for participation in its Energy Star data collection, while the DOE has released its DCPro tool.
A new Sacramento facility will become the first data center to gain LEED Platinum certification, the company said this week.
Additional Green Data Centers Articles
- Roundup: The Uptime Institute Symposium
- Uptime Honors HP, Sun, UPS, AOL, NetApp
- State of the Green Data Center 2008
- State of the Green Data Center 2008 (Part 2)
- Green Grid Allies With Storage Networking Group
- List of LEED Data Centers
- Resource: The New Data Center
- America’s 50 Greenest Cities
- America's 50 Greenest Cities
- $479M a Year to Power Fed Data Centers?
- Employee Life at a Green Data Center
- Wind-Powered Data Center in Wyoming
- Fire Suppression Tools Face Green Scrutiny
- Green Consortiums Proliferating
- Survey: Customer Attitudes on 'Green' Premium