IBM has received LEED Silver certification for its data center in Boulder, Colorado, the company said this week. Read More
Green Data Centers
Cisco’s Rob Aldrich provides a video overview of how the company’s EnergyWise works, and discusses and Cisco’s roadmap for the energy management technology. Read More
Cisco’s Rob Aldrich provides a video overview of how the company’s EnergyWise works, and discusses and Cisco’s roadmap for the energy management technology.
Companies can no longer afford to ignore energy efficiency in their IT operations, according to Dr. Albert Esser of Dell, who spoke with Data Center Knowledge about the best ways to save energy and money in corporate data center operations. Read More
At the recent Green:Net 09 conference, we spoke with Ken Brill, the Executive Director of the Uptime Institute, about recent industry trends. Read More
At Tuesday’s Green:Net 09 conference, Jonathan Koomey of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory shared his research on the electricity used by data centers and cloud computing. Read More
Citigroup (C) says the expense of gaining LEED certification for its Austin, Texas data center was equivalent to about 1 percent of the project’s total cost. Read More
SAS will invest $70 million in a new LEED-certified data center in Cary, North Carolina, the company said this week. Read More
While Energy Star for Servers moves ahead, efforts to develop a similar facility-level Energy Star for Data Centers rating is being threatened by a lack of data. Read More
The U.S. government’s new Energy Star rating system for servers is scheduled to become effective May 1, providing companies with an easier way to compare the energy efficiency of servers from major vendors.
Additional Green Data Centers Articles
- Green Grid Tackles Productivity
- 'LEED for Data Centers' Draft Released
- ‘LEED for Data Centers’ Draft Released
- Scottish Server Farms Team on Tidal Power
- Sun’s Colorado Consolidation Saves Millions
- Sun's Colorado Consolidation Saves Millions
- Intel Testing Solar Power for Data Centers
- The Carbon Calculus of Google Data Centers
- Will Data Centers Be Regulated in 2009?
- Productivity a Key ‘Green’ Theme for 2009
- Productivity a Key 'Green' Theme for 2009
- Hydrogen Fuel Cells Power Bank Data Center
- Green Grid: PUE Uptake a ‘Great First Step’
- Green Grid: PUE Uptake a 'Great First Step'
- New Green Data Center Planned in Scotland