Pingdom looks at the major Internet service outages of 2008, and has categorized the incidents by type: cloud glitches, problems with service launches, data center issues and even sabotage. Read More
Twitter’s uptime performance improved dramatically in August, when it was unavailable for just 1 hour and three minutes. Read More
Photosynth crashes upon launch. Should Microsoft have managed this differently?
Digg is having performance problems Thursday afternoon.
As MobileMe struggles and offers more credits, the experience at DreamHost offers some hope that Apple’s new service can recover from its stumbles.
The web site for the National Hurricane Centeris having performance problems this morning.
Nastia Liukin and Bigfoot are crashing servers at large shared hosting companies.
There are reports that the Apple building damaged by fire last night may have been a data center.
Google’s Gmail service is down in what appears to be a widespread outage.
Is Apple’s data center infrastructure not up the challenge of scaling a new service like MobileMe? Read More
Additional Downtime Articles
- What’s Up With Apple’s Hosting Infrastructure?
- Steve Jobs: MobileMe Launched Too Early
- SiteMeter Crashing Popular Blogs
- Cuil Launches, Crashes, Recovers
- Vancouver Power Outage KOs Plenty of Fish
- iTunes Activation Servers Overwhelmed
- Dealing With Downtime
- Power Outage Affects Rackspace Customers
- Breakthrough Failures That Help Sites Scale
- Breakthrough Failures (Part Two)
- A Look at Uptime for Major Hosting Companies
- Is Downtime More Frequent, or More Visible?
- PayPerPost Down in Data Center Outage
- Fire at Seattle Data Center Impacts Redfin
- CloudStatus Monitors Amazon’s Cloud