The web site of the U.S. House of Representatives has been overwhelmed by traffic in the wake of today’s vote in which the proposed $700 billion financial rescue package. Read More
Bank of America’s web site was offline for at least five hours Monday, leaving customers searching for information the outage. Read More
Ike continued to wreak havoc across the center of the United States, causing the most widespread network connectivity outages since the East Coast power blackout of 2003.
Pingdom looks at the major Internet service outages of 2008, and has categorized the incidents by type: cloud glitches, problems with service launches, data center issues and even sabotage. Read More
Twitter’s uptime performance improved dramatically in August, when it was unavailable for just 1 hour and three minutes. Read More
Photosynth crashes upon launch. Should Microsoft have managed this differently?
Digg is having performance problems Thursday afternoon.
As MobileMe struggles and offers more credits, the experience at DreamHost offers some hope that Apple’s new service can recover from its stumbles.
The web site for the National Hurricane Centeris having performance problems this morning.
Nastia Liukin and Bigfoot are crashing servers at large shared hosting companies.
Additional Downtime Articles
- Is Fire-Damaged Apple Building A Data Center?
- Gmail Service Outage
- What's Up With Apple's Hosting Infrastructure?
- What’s Up With Apple’s Hosting Infrastructure?
- Steve Jobs: MobileMe Launched Too Early
- SiteMeter Crashing Popular Blogs
- Cuil Launches, Crashes, Recovers
- Vancouver Power Outage KOs Plenty of Fish
- iTunes Activation Servers Overwhelmed
- Dealing With Downtime
- Power Outage Affects Rackspace Customers
- Breakthrough Failures That Help Sites Scale
- Breakthrough Failures (Part Two)
- A Look at Uptime for Major Hosting Companies
- Is Downtime More Frequent, or More Visible?