The aggressive new approach to data center temperature has implications for equipment vendors, who are being urged to extend the upper limits of operating temperatures in their warranties. Read More
Clustered Systems CEO Phil Hughes provides a demonstration of the company’s fanless server cooling system to Dean Nelson of Data Center Pulse. Read More
Bookmark alert: The Sacramento Bee has created an information graphic that provides a visual guide to free cooling concepts, illustrating how air flows through a data center. Read More
The HVAC industry group ASHRAE has expanded its recommendations for ambient data center termperatures, raising its upper limit from 77 degrees to 80.6 degrees.
Cooling fan design is an area where small changes can generate big savings. A look at how some data center operators are using fan technology and placement to fine-tune data center air flow. Read More
In today’s “great debate,” data center technologists argue the merits of liquid cooling versus traditional air cooling in a high-density cooling scenario. Read More
Sentilla Corp. said yesterday that it has raised $7.5 million in Series B financing to expand its wireless sensor technology for data center environmental monitoring. Read More
Dean Nelson from Data Center Pulse provides an overview of The Chill Off, a side by side comparison of the energy efficiency of leading cooling technologies. Read More
Several high performance computing veterans are advocating the loop heat pipe, a cooling technology used in space satellites, as a solution for custom cloud computing platforms. Read More
The Red Rocks Data Center in Colorado is documenting its air-side economization project on a company blog, including photos, energy usage data and a real-time indicator of when the system is running. Read More
Additional Cooling Articles
- Heat Wheel Could Cut Data Center Cooling Bills
- Did Google, Intel Discuss Hotter Chip Specs?
- Google: Raise Your Data Center Temperature
- CFD Thermal Modeling: Who's Using It, and How?
- CFD Thermal Modeling: Who’s Using It, and How?
- Intel: Servers Do Fine With Outside Air
- A Third of Data Centers in the Dark on Power
- Green Grid, ASHRAE to Collaborate
- ‘Roll Your Own’ Thermal Monitoring
- 'Roll Your Own' Thermal Monitoring
- IBM Cool Blue Shines in Vendor ‘Chill Off’
- IBM Cool Blue Shines in Vendor 'Chill Off'
- 1,500 Watts A Square Foot? A Look at TSCIF
- The Vegas SuperNAP: A Data Center Revolution?
- Data Center Heats a Greenhouse