Switch Communications says its SuperNAP, a 400,000 square foot data center under construction in Las Vegas, will be the most advanced data center yet.
A Notre Dame researcher uses waste heat fron a rack of HPC computers to heat a local municipal greenhouse.
Dell (DELL) is exploring the best ways to implement liquid cooling in servers in the data center.
Taiwan’s MSI recently demonstrated a power design that can cool a PC motherboard without electricity.
In what appears to be a first, the town pool in Uitikon, Switzerland will be heated by waste heat from a new data center.
Data center thermal modeling using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) is gaining popularity for analyzing the effectiveness of cooling.
Business Week has a package of stories in its magazine and web site examining data center cooling.
Barclays (BARC) will use Dynamic Smart Cooling from HP (HP) to reduce energy consumption in a major new data center in Gloucester, England. Read More
Barclays (BARC) will use Dynamic Smart Cooling from HP (HP) to reduce energy consumption in a major new data center in Gloucester, England.
If your data center cooling system fails, how much time do you have before rising temperatures force your customers offline?
Additional Cooling Articles
- Uptime Charrette: No ‘Silver Bullet’ Yet
- Uptime Charrette: No 'Silver Bullet' Yet
- Chiller Maker Trane Acquired for $10 Billion
- Vette Corp. Targets Liquid Cooling
- Angstrom: Computer In A Fish Tank
- Data Center Cooling Set Points Debated
- NASA Building Heat-Resistant Chips
- Sensicast: Another Wireless Monitoring Startup
- SynapSense Gets $10 Million Funding
- Copper Thefts Raise AC Security Issue
- Data Center Noise Pollution
- Can Satellite Technology Cool Data Centers?
- Gartner Sees Gains for In-Row Cooling
- Mountain Gear Adopts SprayCool Solution
- Link: Liquid Cooling Buyer's Guide