Key East Coast data centers say they weathered Hurricane Irene without any loss of services to customers. In some cases, facilities were operating on generator power after utility outages, and some data centers had to plug leaks. Read More
Data Center Knowledge’s Industry Perspectives columnists write frequently on disaster recovery planning and strategy. We have gathered a number of the best columns together to provide easy access to tips and strategies on effective disaster recovery. . Read More
As Hurricane Irene grows and strengthens, with a projected past up the East Coast, weather website have to be prepared to handle significant loads during this peak time. Read More
Today’s earthquake on the East Coast of the U.S. appears to have been a non-event for the region’s data centers, many of which are located in Virginia, where the epicenter of the quake was located. Read More
NOVA Corporation, an information technology company owned by the Navajo Nation, has announced plans to build a 50,000 square foot data center and office building in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Read More
OpSource Announces cloud-based disaster recovery, Nimsoft monitoring software selectedby Rackforce, Ixia used for Dell vrtual server testing. Read More
Local officials in Colorado Springs has signed off on $1.7 million in incentives to Wal-Mart, which is considering building a 163,000-square-foot data center in town. Read More
Retail giant Wal-Mart has acknowledged that it is the previously unnamed Fortune 100 company considering Colorado Springs as the site of a $100 million dollar data center project. Read More
Economic development officials are asking the Colorado state government to participate in a package of incentives for a Fortune 100 company that is considering Colorado Springs as the site of a $100 million dollar data center project. Read More
Colorado data center provider Fortrust is expanding its colocation space by 33,000 square feet, which will bring its raised-floor capacity to more than 80,000 square feet within its 224,000 square foot facility near Denver. Read More
Additional Disaster Recovery Articles
- It’s World Backup Day!
- Risk Mitigation Strategies for Mid-Size Organizations
- Will Data Leave Japan? Nirvanix Offers Exit Option
- Is Your Data Center Ready for STUXNET?
- DBSi Raises $35 Million for Pennsylvania Project
- How Japan’s Data Centers Manage Earthquakes
- LinkedIn: No Real-Time Data Center Backup?
- Roundup: Equinix, Interxion, Peak 10
- An Umbrella for Server Racks?
- 2020 Live Oak Targets Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix NAP, PeakColo Partner on DR
- Stream Data Centers Expands Into Denver
- Montgomery Westland Bunker Adds Tenants
- Stern is New CEO for SunGard Availability
- Water Main Break Floods Dallas Data Center