The Uptime Institute’s Data Center Design Charrette identified many incremental improvements in data center cooling and energy efficiency, but couldn’t reach a consensus on big-ticket gains. Read More
Trane, which makes HVAC equipment for data centers, has agreed to be acquired by Ingersoll-Rand for $10.1 billion.
Cooling specialist Vette Corp. has formed a new division focused on liquid cooling products for data centers.
Angstrom Microsystems sank a computer in a fish tank to illustrate its liquid cooling technologies.
Some vendors are recommending that data center managers raise the temperature set point inside their facility.
NASA researchers have designed and built a new circuit chip that can “take the heat of a blast furnace and keep on performing.”
Sensicast is another venture-backed startup offering wireless sensor monitoring for the data center.
SynapSense Corporation, a start-up that provides wireless instrumentation systems, has raised $10 million.
Copper thieves are targeting air conditioning units at home and businesses.
Are data centers getting noisier as high-density installations proliferate?
Additional Cooling Articles
- Can Satellite Technology Cool Data Centers?
- Gartner Sees Gains for In-Row Cooling
- Mountain Gear Adopts SprayCool Solution
- Link: Liquid Cooling Buyer’s Guide
- Link: Liquid Cooling Buyer's Guide
- Overheated Data Center Costs Indiana Town
- DegreeC Offers Hot Spot Cooling Tool
- IBM Unveils Data Center Cooling Technology
- Facebook: 110 Degrees in the Data Center
- UK Firm: Cool Servers in Oil Bath
- WSJ Covers Facility Cooling Challenges
- HP to Save $8 Million With Smart Cooling
- Liquid Cooling Adoption Picks Up
- ColdWatt Targets Power Inefficiencies
- Green Grid Officially Launches