Electronic Data Systems (EDS) has won a key contract to support the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as it consolidates its data center network into two facilities. Read More
A roundup of new data center announcements from Perimeter Technology, Dartmouth University and Telehouse Europe. Read More
A $390 million contract to consolidate data centers for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has gone to CSC.
HP (HP) says it has retired 28 data centers thus far as part of a larger consolidation that will shift its IT operations into six new facilities.
Server hardware refreshes are among the factors making servers one of the leading budget items for 2008, according to ComputerWorld.
Intel is providing more details about its data center consolidation, which will winnow 130 facilities into just eight. Read More
Intel is providing more details about its data center consolidation, which will winnow 130 facilities into just eight.
The US Marine Corps will use VMware to consolidate 300 data centers around the globe to just 30 facilities.
Level 3 says data center consolidations are boosting sales of 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) recently consolidated its data center network from 18 facilities to just two.
Additional Consolidation Articles
- State CIOs Keen on Consolidations
- Solar Host AISO.Net Consolidates Servers
- Data Center Darwinism
- Verizon Consolidates to Save on Power
- Data Center Consolidation for First Data
- Data Center Consolidation for ABN, Barclays
- Server Consolidation Gone Wrong
- Federated Consolidates, Cuts 290 Jobs
- HP’s Data Center Mega-Consolidation
- HP's Data Center Mega-Consolidation
- Census Bureau Adopts Egenera Blades