SGI drives record scalability for Windows Server 2008, AMD accelerates Internet Explorer 9, Oracle (ORCL) targets Microsoft SQL Server. Read More
Microsoft has bought land in Longmont, Colorado and plans to use the property for a research lab, not a modular data center as reported in local media. Read More
Microsoft has removed fans from servers inside its data center container modules, resulting in energy savings even though it has an adverse affect on Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE). Read More
After nearly a year at Microsoft Research, Christian Belady has returned to Global Foundation Services, the unit of Microsoft that builds the company’s data centers. Read More
Microsoft is ready to move ahead with its delayed $200 million data center project in West Des Moines, Iowa. The project was first announced back in the summer of 2008 but halted when Microsoft trimmed capital spending. Read More
A series of new videos from the Microsoft Global Foundation Services team provides an overview of how the company’s data center designs have evolved over three projects in two years. Read More
We’ve put together a photo feature offering a closer look at the modular data center technology being deployed in Microsoft’s brand new facility in Quincy, Washington. Check it out! Read More
Microsoft has completed construction on its new data center in Quincy, Washington, which features a plug-n-play modular infrastructure that provides extraordinary flexibility in deploying new cloud computing capacity.
Dell will acquire InSiteOne for cloud medical archiving, SUNY moves to the Microsoft education cloud, Red Hat (RHT) reports third quarter results. Read More
Microsoft has selected a site near Boydton, Virginia for a major new data center project, with plans to invest up to $499 million in the rural community in the southern part of the state. The company plans to build a cutting-edge data center that will serve as the East Coast hub for Microsoft’s online services.
Additional Microsoft Articles
- Inside Bing’s ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Container
- Roundup: Windows Azure Appliances
- Roundup: i/o Data Centers, Microsoft, HP, Phoenix NAP
- Rumor Patrol: Microsoft Eyeing N.C. Site?
- Microsoft, TelecityGroup Win Design Honors
- Speedy Timetable for Microsoft Iowa Project
- Microsoft Affirms Plans to Build in Iowa
- Microsoft Weighs Revamped Iowa Project
- Roundup: BMC, Microsoft, Terremark, Juniper
- Microsoft Building New Data Center in Quincy
- Virginia Mystery Project: Waiting on Microsoft?
- Roundup: Active Power, Interxion, Amazon
- Microsoft To Cut Data Center Costs in Half
- Microsoft ‘All In’ on Container-Powered Cloud
- Roundup: Novell, Cray, Microsoft, Force10