Microsoft’s new Chicago data center has a power capacity of 198 megawatts, driving an extraordinary focus on electrical efficiency. Read More
Microsoft’s new data center in Chicago will forego a traditional raised-floor environment, and instead fill one floor of the huge facility with up to 220 shipping containers packed with servers.
Legislation in Washington state that would have restored a tax break for data centers won’t be passed in 2008.
Legislation in Washington state that would have restored a tax break for data centers won’t be passed in 2008. Read More
Microsoft Chief Software Architect Ray Ozzie talks about the company’s shift to cloud computing.
Microsoft said it is releasing best practices on energy efficiency to share its experience running large data centers around the world.
Nick Carr reports that Microsoft (MSFT) is planning a massive expansion of its already-huge data center network.
Windows Live is experiencing a serious outage today, with many users reporting they are unable to use Hotmail and Messenger.
A Microsoft (MSFT) executive says the company might retain some open source infrastructure if its Yahoo bid succeeds.
The Iowa Senate voted 45-2 Wednesday to approve an incentive package to lure Microsoft (MSFT) to build a data center in the state.
Additional Microsoft Articles
- Microsoft Considering Iowa Data Center
- It’s True: Microsoft Bids $44B for Yahoo
- It's True: Microsoft Bids $44B for Yahoo
- Microsoft Quincy Data Center Metrics
- Microsoft Confirms ‘Data Center In a Box’
- Microsoft Confirms 'Data Center In a Box'
- Microsoft Building Own CDN Network
- Microsoft: Grey Water Swayed Site Location
- Microsoft Plans Data Center in Siberia
- More Details on Microsoft's Chicago Project
- More Details on Microsoft’s Chicago Project
- Microsoft Confirms Dublin Data Center Plans
- Microsoft Plans $500M Illinois Data Center
- Microsoft Data Center Blogs
- HP’s Belady Heads to Microsoft