We’ve put together a photo feature offering a closer look at the modular data center technology being deployed in Microsoft’s brand new facility in Quincy, Washington. Check it out! Read More
Microsoft has completed construction on its new data center in Quincy, Washington, which features a plug-n-play modular infrastructure that provides extraordinary flexibility in deploying new cloud computing capacity.
Dell will acquire InSiteOne for cloud medical archiving, SUNY moves to the Microsoft education cloud, Red Hat (RHT) reports third quarter results. Read More
Microsoft has selected a site near Boydton, Virginia for a major new data center project, with plans to invest up to $499 million in the rural community in the southern part of the state. The company plans to build a cutting-edge data center that will serve as the East Coast hub for Microsoft’s online services.
Robert Scoble provides a look inside a Microsoft container packed with more than five petabytes of data to support the Bing Maps application. Some serious eye candy here. Read More
One of last week’s hot topics in the data center business was Microsoft’s announcement of its Windows Azure platform appliance. Here’s a review of some of the analysis and commentary. Read More
i/o Data Centers appoints Jon Mauck as its new CFO, HP and Microsoft partner on Azure appliance, Phoenix NAp and Datalink to partner on disaster recovery. Read More
The North Carolina legislature is preparing a new round of data center tax incentives, while Microsoft is reportedly considering a site in Alamance County. Read More
Microsoft, TeleCityGroup and LAMDA Hellix Data Centers were among the companies cited for their innovation at the 6th Data Centres Europe Awards event held June 24 in Sophia Antipolis, France. Read More
It’s official. Iowa Gov. Chet Culver officially confirmed that Microsoft will move forward with the construction of a $100 million data center in West Des Moines. Read More
Additional Microsoft Articles
- Microsoft Affirms Plans to Build in Iowa
- Microsoft Weighs Revamped Iowa Project
- Roundup: BMC, Microsoft, Terremark, Juniper
- Microsoft Building New Data Center in Quincy
- Virginia Mystery Project: Waiting on Microsoft?
- Roundup: Active Power, Interxion, Amazon
- Microsoft To Cut Data Center Costs in Half
- Microsoft ‘All In’ on Container-Powered Cloud
- Roundup: Novell, Cray, Microsoft, Force10
- Microsoft’s Timmons: ‘Challenge Everything’
- Roundup: 2010 Mobile World Congress
- Scientists Offered Free Access to Azure Cloud
- Virginia, NC Battle for Microsoft Data Center
- Microsoft-HP Cloud Pact: How Big A Deal Is It?
- Microsoft Unveils Commercial Pricing For Azure