Wordpress founding developer Matt Mullenweg says although Wordpress.com is an Amazon customer, he’d much prefer to run an optimized open source solution on leased servers than use the cloud. “I don’t even know what cloud means,” he said. Read More
Browse by subcategory:
Latest Cloud Computing News:
n a move to provide an on-remap to the cloud for independent software vendors, PEER 1 Network Enterprises (TSX:PIX) is partnering with Apprenda to launch CloudXcelerator, which enables ISVs to develop and run their cloud applications on PEER 1’s infrastructure. Read More
As Amazon’s cloud continues to grow, the company is investing in real-world bricks and mortar and server hardware to provide additional capacity. The retail/infrastructure company recently leased more than 110,000 square feet of space in northern Virginia to expand its data center footprint. Read More
As new cloud services proliferate – along with apples vs. oranges comparisons – many of the conversations around cloud computing are becoming more complicated. Read More
Is cloudy marketing getting out of hand? I could easily get a rant going on this. But things always sound authoritative coming from Gartner, so I’ll tag out to Lydia Leong. Read More
IBM is rolling out several services enabling public cloud computing, but its sharpest focus is on the private cloud, which presents an opportunity to sell hardware and software rather than monthly subscriptions.
IBM is rolling out several services enabling public cloud computing, but its sharpest focus is on the private cloud, which presents an opportunity to sell hardware and software rather than monthly subscriptions. Read More
Ryan Block’s live-blogging coverage of the Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference on gdgt.com used The Rackspace Cloud to scale to 4.7 million page views in less than two hours. Read More
Hosted Solutions is introducing the Stratus Trusted Cloud, a cloud platform with a “four nines” service level agreement (SLA) designed to attract enterprise production systems. Read More
CA, Inc. (CA) has acquired technology and assets from Cassatt Corporation, the companies said today. Read More
Additional Cloud Computing Articles
- CSC Enters Cloud, Leading With Security
- Pharmaceuticals Test-Drive the Cloud
- Roundup: Enterprise Cloud Summit
- The Obama Team's Cloudy Ambitions
- The Obama Team’s Cloudy Ambitions
- Rackspace Cloud Building Momentum
- SoftLayer Launches CloudLayer Suite
- The Private Cloud, Now In A Purple Box
- Why Didn’t Cassatt Succeed?
- Why Didn't Cassatt Succeed?
- Opscode Gets $2.5M to Automate the Cloud
- Roundup: The McKinsey Cloud Report
- McKinsey: Data Centers Cheaper Than Cloud
- What the heck is the InterCloud, Anyway?
- Cloud Trade Association In the Works