Amazon Web Services has quietly passed an interesting benchmark: the company’s S3 storage service now hosts more than 100 billion objects. Read More
Browse by subcategory:
Latest Cloud Computing News:
The mobile revolution is coming. and the world’s infrastructure isn’t ready yet. That’s the clear message from Equinix CIO Brian Lillie, who says new devices like the iPad are making mobile video a reality. Read More
CEO Steve Ballmer has rolled out the new mantra from Redmond: Microsoft is “all in” on cloud computing. His co-star at the University of Washington was one of the company’s next-generation data center containers. Read More
How can cloud computing survive the current hype cycle? Perhaps by addressing it directly, as Lew Moorman of Rackspace does in this video. “I think everyone is tired of the cloud,” he says. “But it is absolutely the new reality.” Read More
VISI’s ReliaCloud partners with enStratus on cloud management, HP outlines new SMB services and opens Singapore research lab focused on data center architecture and cloud computing. Read More
Which players figure to benefit if the U.S. government’s looming data center consolidation shifts federal applications to cloud computing platforms? Here are the companies whose track record and cloud platforms have positioned them for leadership in this lucrative niche. Read More
Skytap says it is offering network automation features to its enterprise private cloud customers, enabling them to create multiple secure networks that support advanced virtual routing and IT policies. Read More
Managed hosting provider Carpathia Hosting announced this wek that it would partner with Citrix Systems to offer public and private cloud solutions for businesses and government agencies. In this video, Carpathia CTO Jon Greaves and Citrix cloud CTO Simon Crosby outline the solution. Read More
3Tera, whose software helps companies deploy and manage cloud computing infrastructure, has been acquired by software giant CA, the companies announced today. Read More
Carnegie Mellon University has become the latest research institution to host a site as part of Open Cirrus, the global cloud testbed created by HP, Intel, and Yahoo to provide researchers with access to an open source cloud platform. Read More
Additional Cloud Computing Articles
- Key Cloud Metric: Revenue per Server
- How Much Are Cloud Providers Making?
- Go Daddy Offers Mac OS X Cloud Servers
- RightScale Powering Social Games on EC2
- CloudLeverage Eyes Enterprise Cloud Storage
- HP Announces Cloud Design Service
- Which Cloud Platform and CDN Are Fastest?
- Equinix: On-Ramp to the Cloud?
- Roundup: Interxion, SunGard, The Planet, Nasuni
- Is BSM Ready For The Cloud?
- Scientists Offered Free Access to Azure Cloud
- HPC Customers Get a Cloud Computing Option
- Cloud Monitoring Services: A Resource Guide
- Savvis Ready to Build, and May Go Shopping
- Andreessen-Backed Cloud Launcher Makara Debuts