Founded in 2010 and headquartered in New Haven, CT, Device42 creates software for the Data Center and IT Infrastructure Management (DCIM) market. Their software, also named Device42, is includes comprehensive functionality from asset management to energy control. At the helm is their founder and CEO Raj Jalan who works very closely with co-founder and CTO, Dr. Steve Shwartz.
The Device42 solution was designed by IT professionals to enable data center operators and managers to do their jobs more effectively using a single, centralized software solution; one that is easy to own and operate.
Device42 provides functionality found in these point solution areas (and others as well):
- DCIM - Data Center Information Management.
- IPAM – IP Address Management (IPAM).
- ITAM – IT Asset Management.
- Power Monitoring and Control – Power monitoring provides users with historical trends and real-time information and client configured power alerts.
- Software License Management – Organizations can create and maintain a comprehensive, accurate profile of the software deployed on Windows and Linux machines across the entire IT infrastructure.
Customers of Device42 are located in 22 different countries and include Apple, Splunk, New Relic, Activision, Verizon, Cisco, Carnegie Mellon, Mercedes Benz, NCAA, Mayo Clinic, and others.
Specifically, Device42 software addresses a broad range of functionality needs in the daily management of a corporation’s comprehensive IT ecosystem. These functionalities include:
- Data center/IT asset & inventory management
- IP address management
- Password management and tracking
- Patch panel cable management
- Power and environmental monitoring and control
- Hardware and software dependency mapping
- Software license management
“Having worked many years managing data centers, I experienced, first hand, the challenges of operating multiple, high-priced, disparate data center and IT Infrastructure management solutions,” says Raj Jalan, CEO and founder of Device42. “That’s why we created Device42 software; software that is very affordable, easy to deploy and use, and comprehensive in its capabilities. Put simply, Device42 provides IT managers with functionality that dramatically helps them identify, visualize, and manage their IT infrastructure using a single, unified console. Now, Device42 is redefining the way businesses manage their physical and virtual IT environments and, more importantly, the results they achieve.”