Data centers are complex with many components that are distributed. So how do you keep an eye on it all? How do you make sure that your data center is running optimally? The truth is that with information pouring in from all different sources, it is almost impossible to parse through all the noise and figure out if DCIM software is right for your Data Center to consider starting a Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) project.
With all of that in mind – Is this the right time? If your data center is rapidly changing and you need better insight into your Data Center activity, it might be. In this eBoook from Raritan we take a look at the critical signs which indicate that you may very well need a solid DCIM solution.
As your data center evolves and changes – there is the direct need to better control resources, users, and workloads. As the eBook outlines, there are 8 key points around DCIM to be aware of:
- Planning a Data Center move
- Considerations around building a new Data Center
- Challenges in figuring out where to put new servers, storage, and network equipment
- Challenges understanding the status of work in the Data Center
- Paying for Data Center space and power in a colocation or hosted facility
- Rely on vendors to remotely perform maintenance activities (moves, adds, changes)
- Dispatch remote staff to repair systems troubles
- Need to increase energy efficiency and uptime of your Data Center
Download this eBook today to really understand where you are with your data center model and how DCIM can help. Remember, the idea is to create a powerful data center platform capable of dynamic scale and efficiency multi-tenant user controls. The only way to get to that point is through intelligent resource and data center management. DCIM not only provides a real-time representation of your data center – it helps administrators make proactive infrastructure decision.