CommScope is now offering Data Center on Demand, a modular solution with built in DCIM capabilities via iTRACS, which it acquired in March 2013. The modular offering provides a flexible, efficient, purpose-built alternative to traditional brick and mortar data centers ,whether as an initial data center or an expansion of an existing facility.
“This is more than just a traditional modular data center offering,” said Kevin St Cyr, senior vice president, Enterprise Solutions, CommScope. “It is not just a shipping container with servers. It is designed specifically with the same usability and ease of access to IT equipment as a traditional data center, but with lower up front and operating costs.”
Many organizations are looking to reduce their total cost of ownership and simplify operational management by deploying a pay-as-you-grow data center solution.
Data Center On Demand Features:
- Technology based on systems operating in extreme climates for more than six years
- Scalable solutions from one to thousands of racks
- Annual average data center power usage effectiveness (PUE) as low as 1.03 to 1.06 (industry PUEs typically range from 1.8 to 2.0)
- Standardized repeatable designs that reduce complexity and shorten planning and deployment time
- Customizable configuration, with off-the-shelf components supporting multiple Tier levels, security, fire and core infrastructure
“Enterprises are dealing with a continual data deluge and have to find ways to expand their capacity quickly and efficiently,” said St Cyr. “Some are up against the wall when it comes to physical space or available power and Data Center on Demand gives them a viable solution to expand quickly and easily with industry proven technology.”