October has been a busy month here at DCK, with coverage of the Google mystery barges, Facebook's cold storage system and how DropBox stores "your stuff." Here we present the top ten most popular stories published by Data Center Knowledge this month, ranked by page views. Enjoy!
- The Barge Mystery: Floating Data Centers or Google Store? - October 28, 2013
- First Look: Facebook’s Oregon Cold Storage Facility - October 16, 2013
- How Dropbox Stores Stuff for 200 Million Users - October 23, 2013
- NSA Data Center Plagued by Electrical Problems - October 8, 2013
- Terremark Data Center Outage Knocks HealthCare.gov Offline - October 27, 2013
- Chaos Kong is Coming: A Look At The Global Cloud and CDN Powering Netflix - October 17, 2013
- Apple Quietly Builds Its Prineville Data Center - October 16, 2013
- NTT Communications Acquires Controlling Interest in RagingWire - October 28, 2013
- Closer Look: The Mysterious Barge in the Bay - October 28, 2013
- Colocation Will Be a $10 Billion Market by 2017, Research Firm Says - October 1, 2013
A "shout-out" goes to Ron Vokoun of JE Dunn Construction, whose column almost made it to the "Top 10," coming in at number 11 in page views. Many readers commented about the issue. Check it out, Top 7 Reasons Data Centers Don’t Raise Their Thermostats, and join the discussion, too.