Unleash the Full Potential of BYOD with Confidence
April 25th, 2013 By: Bill Kleyman
In working with today’s business environment – managers now have to answer demands around more users, more data, more cloud and; many more devices. Of course, organizations don’t want to take ownership of user-owned devices. However, they still want to manage and control the workload that is delivered to these end-points.
IT consumerization will only continue to grow and evolve. Even now, users are utilizing 3-5 devices to access the Internet or utilize corporate resource. Because of this, many organizations have run into challenges around engineering and managing a BYOD solution. This includes:
- Onboarding users
- Ensuring high service quality and availability
- Maintaining security and mitigating risk
- Supporting diverse users and devices
- Enable a consistent user experience
- Accelerate deployment cycles with security
This is where an intelligent BYOD design can really help. Instead of deploying fragmented solutions – organizations must look at a unified platform that can help them control devices and still stay secure as well as agile.
In designing a unified BYOD environment, it’s important to work with technologies which are capable of supporting this type solution. In this white paper from HP, you will learn about the unified BYOD infrastructure offering. In creating an easy-to-operate platform, administrators are able to gain more control over their infrastructure and the user end-point environment. As outlined in this white paper, HP’s BYOD solution benefits include:
- Universal policy provisioning and enforcement
- Flexible access control with device fingerprinting and self-registration portals
- Device posture assessment and control
- Rich traffic shaping and bandwidth management tools
- Comprehensive usage and performance reporting
- Detailed user behavior analysis
- Single pane-of-glass management across wired and wireless infrastructure
- Unified wired and wireless network
- Network ready for SDN
Download this white paper today to see how HP’s BYOD solution can help your organization deploy a logical, unified BYOD-ready environment. By creating an agile platform ready for IT consumerization, your organization can create a more power data center as well as a more prodtive workforce.