Start Small, Grow Tall: Why Cloud Now
April 23rd, 2013 By: Bill Kleyman
Over the past year, more organizations have jumped onto the cloud computing bandwagon. There’s really no doubt that many companies have already adopted some part of the cloud model. IT administrators are seeing the direct benefits in moving towards a cloud computing platform. There is the clear ability to scale, become more efficient and even simplify management.
Still with cloud computing being a relatively new concept for some organizations, managers have to be clear in what their cloud goals really are. Because the cloud is still only beginning to make its way into the corporate data center, ccompanies face a number of obstacles to cloud adoption. In this white paper from HP, you’ll learn about these challenges and how to overcome such cloud obstacles. In working with a cloud model, some obstacles may include:
- Differences between business and IT executives about the pace of adoption;
- Differing stages of maturity within the cloud adoption continuum; and
- The need to avoid compromising the cloud’s benefits with scattershot, uncoordinated adoption.
The general idea behind cloud computing is that the platform can delivery some pretty powerful benefits. They key sits in the planning, use-case and deployment. Using a step-by-step deployment approach is one way to control the cloud initiative. It’s also important to work with a very agile cloud platform. In this white paper, you learn about the HP CloudSystem and how this technology is tailored for the requirements of enterprises and service providers at various stages of cloud maturity. These offerings include:
- Entry configuration for infrastructure as a service (IaaS) with HP CloudSystem Matrix that lets IT customers provision infrastructure and applications in minutes.
- Full-scale deployment of private and hybrid cloud environments with HP CloudSystem Enterprise, which lets customers unify management across private, public, and hybrid clouds and adds advanced infrastructure-to-application lifecycle management.
- Advanced capabilities for service providers with HP CloudSystem Service Provider, facilitating deployment of public and hosted private clouds that deliver complete service aggregation and management.
Download this white paper today to learn how the HP Cloud platform can help your organization become more agile and ready for the cloud environment. Remember, with BYOD, IT consumerization, more data and more users – there will only be a greater reliance on the data center and the cloud.