The modern data center environment has become the heart of almost any organization. Because of this, there has become a greater emphasis on creating efficiency around data center systems. This means eliminating complex distributed resource platforms in favor of optimized converged infrastructures.
In HP’s Architecture Design Guide, you are able to see how information technology as a “service” has moved from concept to reality. Early adopters have already deployed major solutions, and it has become a standard objective for mainstream Information Technology (IT) architects and planners. HP has adopted the term “Converged Infrastructure” to describe how HP products and services can address this approach. This Reference Architecture guide provides a business and technical view of the adoption process.
Today’s IT demands span the data center, from capacity to technology, processes, people, and governance. In this technical guide, HP outlines how its Converged Infrastructure opens the door to new approaches, and can enable IT management to defer or avoid costly data center expansions. For example:
- Simplification: Collapse siloed, hierarchical, point-to-point infrastructure into an easily managed, energy-efficient, and re-usable set of resources.
- Enabling growth: Efficiently deploy new applications and services, with optimum utilization across servers, storage, networking, and power.
- On-demand delivery: Deliver applications and services through a common framework that can leverage on-premise, private cloud, and off-premise resources.
- Employee productivity: Move resources from operations to innovation by increasing automation of application, infrastructure, and facility management.
HP Converged Infrastructure enables organizations to achieve these goals while getting ahead of the growth curve and the cost curve. In working with data centers today, administrators must design environments capable of high density and efficient scalability.
[Image source: HP: The transformation to HP Converged Infrastructure]
This Reference Architecture Design Guide will outline all of the major components which fall into the HP Converged Infrastructure design. This includes:
- Virtual resource pools
- Working with FlexFabric
- Using the Matrix Operating Environment
Download HP’s Architecture Design Guide to learn how to create a more efficient data center platform. As the need for user density grows, it’s important to ensure that the right technologies are in place to help facilitate that expansion.