CloudNow, an association for women in cloud computing, honored ten exceptional women in cloud computing this week during Cloud Connect Silicon Valley.
"CloudNOW is paying tribute to ten outstanding women in cloud computing for their contributions, accomplishments and thought leadership in our dynamic industry," said Jocelyn DeGance Graham, founder of CloudNOW. "We're honored to be part of Cloud Connect and at the cutting edge of the cloud conversation -- a place where women are playing a key role."
CloudNOW is a non-profit consortium of the leading women in cloud computing, focused on using technology for the overall professional development of women from around the world by providing a forum for networking, knowledge sharing, mentoring and economic growth.
"Cloud computing is transforming business across virtually every industry, and it's imperative for women to be key players in this strategic shift," said Lauren States, Vice President and CTO for the IBM Corporate Strategy team, and CloudNOW Advisor.
This year's Top Ten Women in Cloud Award recipients are:
- Becky Swain, Director Cloud Assurance, PwC; and Founding Member, Cloud
Security Alliance (CSA)
- Cara Beston, Partner, PwC
- Lori MacVittie, Senior Technology Analyst, F5 Networks
- Lydia Leong, Vice President of Research and Cloud Expert, Gartner
- Manjula Talreja, Vice President Global Cloud Business Development, Cisco
- Margaret Dawson, Vice President of Product Marketing, and Cloud
- Michelle Munson, Co-Founder and President, Aspera
- Rhonda MacLean, Founder, MacLean Risk Partners, and former Global Chief
Information Security Officer at Barclays and Bank of America
- Susan Wu, Founder Persona Equity
- Vanessa Alvarez, Director Product Marketing, Gridstore
Cloud Connect, produced by UBM Tech, is taking place this week at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.