For your weekend reading, here’s a recap of five noteworthy stories that appeared on Data Center Knowledge this past week. Enjoy!
Equinix Tops Data Center Stock Winners for 2012 
– Equinix was the best-performing data center stock for 2012, more than doubling in value over the year. The 103 percent gain for Equinix was the headline in a mixed year for publicly-held companies in the data center sector, with excellent gains for some companies while some of the historic bellwethers for the industry trailed broader market indicators.
QTS Acquires Herakles to Expand into Sacramento 
– QTS (Quality Technology Services) has significantly expanded its footprint in California, acquiring the Herakles data center, the company said today. The Herakles facility is a 92,000 square foot Tier III data center in Sacramento, with 52,600 square feet of raised floor space and 9 megawatts of power capacity.
The Year in Review: Looking Back at 2012 
– As we bid farewell to 2012, here’s a look back at the stories, photos, deals and insights that made news at Data Center Knowledge during the year.
Ten Predictions: Why 2013 Will Be a Big Year for DCIM 
– There are a number of reasons why 2013 might be the year for Data Center Infrastructure Management. DCIM software has had a number of years to mature, addressing the need for high levels of discipline in the data center. There are various factors that have contributed to the emergence of DCIM as a priority for data center operators- even if many of them are still sorting out the best way forward.
The Cloudy Horizon for 2013: 10 Predictions 
– What’s ahead in cloud computing for 2013? It’s a big topic, and many industry executives and pundits have offered their predictions about how cloud will evolve in the year ahead. Here’s our roundup of 10 the cloud predictions we think will be worth watching in 2013.>
Stay current on Data Center Knowledge’s data center news by subscribing to our RSS feed 
and daily e-mail updates 
, or by following us on Twitter 
or Facebook 
or join our LinkedIn Group
– Data Center Knowledge 
Article printed from Data Center Knowledge: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com
URL to article: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2013/01/05/data-center-industry-links-for-january-5th/
URLs in this post:
 Equinix Tops Data Center Stock Winners for 2012: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2013/01/02/equinix-tops-data-center-stock-winners-for-2012/
 QTS Acquires Herakles to Expand into Sacramento: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2013/01/03/quality-technology-services-acquires-herakles-expanding-in-northern-california/
 The Year in Review: Looking Back at 2012: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2012/12/31/the-year-in-review-looking-back-at-2012/
 Ten Predictions: Why 2013 Will Be a Big Year for DCIM: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2013/01/03/ten-dcim-predictions-for-2013-25-penetration-by-june/
 The Cloudy Horizon for 2013: 10 Predictions: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2013/01/04/ten-cloud-predictions-for-2013/
 RSS feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/DataCenterKnowledge
 daily e-mail updates: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com../subscribe/
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/datacenter
 Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DataCenterKnowledge
 Data Center Knowledge: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3317597
 Rich Miller: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/author/richm/
Click here to print.