Savvis Plans More Expansions for 2012
Savvis has new ownership, but the managed hosting provider is continuing to expand its data center infrastructure. The company, now a business unit of parent CenturyLink, has completed three data center expansion projects already this year, and has four more facility expansions scheduled to come online in the next 90 days.
Approximately 220,000 square feet of new raised floor space is being deployed across the seven cities, bringing Savvis’ total data center footprint to more than 2 million square feet in 50 sites.
Here’s a look at Savvis’ activity this year:
- Santa Clara, Calif. – 36,000 square feet of new space, opened April 13
- Washington, D.C. – 45,000 square feet of new space, opened April 24
- Dallas – 51,000 square feet of new space, opened May 30
- London (LO3) – 11,000 square feet in a new data center, opening June 30
- Singapore – 32,000 square feet in a new data center, opening Aug. 1
- Weehawken, N.J. – 32,000 square feet of new space, opening Aug. 31
- London (LO6) – 12,000 square feet of new space, opening Oct. 1
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States. The company provides broadband, voice, wireless and managed services to consumers and businesses across the country.
[...] Savvis Plans More Expansions for 2012 (220,000 square feet) [...]