AFCOM Symposium Convenes in Melbourne, Australia
June 5th, 2012 By: Colleen Miller
AFCOM, a leading association of data centre professionals, will present an AFCOM Symposium from Monday, June 25 through Wednesday, June 27 at the Sofitel Melbourne Collins in Melbourne, Australia.
The topics covered include the major themes of data centre management, disaster recover/security, data center builds and design/cloud, and facilities management. The keynote session will address “Managing Risk through Data Centre Innovation.” Other sessions include:
- How the Sunshine Coast Council Consolidated Six Data Centres into Two
- DCIM: From Zero to Hero
- From Sheds to Services: Evolving the Australia Government Data Centre Strategy
- Is Technology Making Disaster Recovery EAsier or Harder?
- Cyber Security and Data Centre Threats
- Designing a World-Class Data Centre: A Case Study
- The Impact of Cloud on the Data Centre
The three-day event will bring together industry leaders throughout the region, providing a comprehensive conference with educational and networking sessions. Attendees will learn not only learn techniques to save on budgets, they will also build strong peer network able to help them with future projects and challenges. Learn more about the symposium by visiting: www.afcom.com/symposium