Facebook, eBay Among Uptime Green IT Winners
eBay, Facebook and Verizon Wireless are among the winners in the The Uptime Institute’s 2012 Green Enterprise IT (GEIT) Awards, which recognize pioneering advancements for significantly improved energy productivity in IT and data center operations.. Recipients will share experiences and insights during the Uptime Institute Symposium in Santa Clara, California, on May 14-17, 2012.
The theme of this year’s Symposium is Digital Infrastructure Convergence, with honorees’ case study presentations scheduled throughout. The GEIT awards are being sponsored by Sabey Data Centers.
2012 GEIT award categories and winners are:
- Audacious Idea: Facebook for the Open Compute Project.
- Facility Design Implementation: Verizon Wireless
- Facility Design Innovation: Bell Canada and Urbacon Architecture
- Facility Product Deployment: NTT Communications and Vigilent
- Facility Retrofit: National Snow and Ice Data Center and The RMH Group
- IT Product Deployment: XtremIO and Confidential Client
- IT Retrofit: HP Enterprise Group, India Research and Development Labs, Bangalore
- Modular Data Center Product Deployment: eBay and Dell
“This year over 100 organizations from 23 countries participated in the 2012 GEIT Awards from companies across the globe, presenting some of the most impressive applications our judges have seen to date,” said Matt Stansberry, Program Director of Uptime Institute Symposium and Director of Content and Publications for Uptime Institute. “The Uptime Institute GEIT Awards program showcases the energy efficiency efforts of the most innovative data center operators and vendors, and contributes to the shared knowledge and best practices of our industry.”
The 2012 Symposium will feature a unique Modular Data Center Campus within the Santa Clara Convention Center. Symposium Delegates and Exposition-registered visitors will have an opportunity to walk through the leading modular data center designs and make side-by-side comparisons.