Data Center World: Early Registration Ends Today
January 27th, 2012 By: Colleen Miller
The early-bird rate for registration closes today for the spring AFCOM Data Center World conference, planned for March 18-22 at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas. AFCOM, a leading data center professional association, recently announced it is the newest special interest community in the iNET Interactive media portfolio.
There is growing interest in the Data Center World conference this spring, since the keynote speaker is Vivek Kundra, who formerly served as the U.S. Chief Information Officer. Kundra was recently hired by Salesforce.com to serve as Executive Vice President of Emerging Technologies.
Kundra’s keynote will emphasize leadship in times of change and transformation, and the lessons every organization can learn from when leading a transformation in a change-averse environment.
As the first federal CIO, Kundra faced significant challenges as he oversaw the federal government’s information technology bureaucracy at a time of cutting costs, increasing efficiency and driving innovation. His responsibilities included managing the $80B federal technology budget as well as transforming the way technology was purchased. He brought best-in-class private sector solutions to solve massive public sector inefficiencies.
Kundra is credited with saving over $3 billion in taxpayer dollars, adopting game-changing technologies in the public sector, strengthening the cybersecurity posture of the nation and launching an open government movement through that data.gov platform, which has been replicated across 21 nations, 29 states, 11 cities, and several international organizations.
Also, Kundra will explain:
- His leadership principles and how to use technology to create lasting change.
- How to create a transparent and accountable environment that sheds light on what’s going on within an organization.
- The importance of action-oriented, executable and nimble methodologies.
- People are our biggest asset. How do you source people using the Silicon Valley approach?
- How do you tap into the power and creativity of people to keep innovation optimal and stay on top of the latest technologies?
- How to confront the tough decisions that need to be made to keep your organization growing and competitive.
For further information and registration, visit our Data Center World page on the events calendar.