Power Distribution, Inc. (PDI) closed its year on the upside, having launched a new modular data center line and released cloud-based PowerMap monitoring software in 2011. The company sees continued “insatiable need for energy to power data centers in 2012,” according to Dave Mulholland, PDI’s Vice President of Marketing and Service.
Founded in 1978, PDI is headquartered in Virginia and provides power distribution equipment and services. The company, part of Smiths Interconnect, has additional manufacturing and engineering facilities in California and Michigan.
PDI launched several new product offerings in 2011, including:
Enhanced i-CON Modular Data Center – The modular data center is built from a standard ISO shipping container and customized with the key attributes of a standard brick and mortar data center. New features announced in December 2011 include a low density offering (7.5 kw per cabinet and under) and a high density offering (above 7.5 kw per cabinet), with refrigerant and ECU-based cooling—in self-contained, modular sizes of 10 ft, 20 ft, 40 ft and 53 ft versions.
PDI PowerMap – The new software is a cloud-based offering that eliminates the need for handheld meters by automatically uploading individual circuit-based power stats and securing the information in the cloud. Additionally, users can access charts and graphs by mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops to view phone-bill quality power consumption reports.
In 2011, PDI also racked up the following accolades:
- Inc. 500/5000 – Ranked PDI as #1,796 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America.
- Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ – Ranked the company #300 out of the 500 fastest growing companies in North America— due in part to its 286 percent growth.
- PDI’s i-CON named a Finalist in Datacenter Dynamics 2011 Data Center Leaders Awards in the Most Extreme Data Center deployment category.
- RichTech 2011 Technology Stars Awards selected PDI as a winner of its 2011 Technology Stars Award in the Technology Builder category.
- PDI selected as a Red Herring Top 100 North America Tech Startup
- Network Products Guide, the industry’s leading technology research and advisory guide, named PDI a Finalist in its 6th Annual 2011 Hot Companies and Best Products Awards program.
- PDI’s i-CON Modular Data Center selected as a Finalist for the 3rd Annual 2011 Golden Bridge Awards in the category of Product Innovations in Information Technology – Data Centers.
In addition to the industry awards, PDI was also sought after for its power management/power distribution insights and invited to speak at various industry events, and will be available at events in 2012 as well, such as Teladata’s Technology Convergence Conference in early February. For more info, visit our events calendar.